Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's super important to follow regulations. You can not get incentives for enrolling or helping anyone. It seems like there has been a lot of fraud in the past. I'm glad they have put  these laws and regulations, so students get what their looking for.

The Truth will always stand on its own

Having your faculty do continuing education training not only benefets the organisation but adds much more to the personal developemnt of the team member. So while having the state agencies play such a heavy regulatory role, its programs are really designed to make us better at what we do to serve out constituents in teh best possible and ethical way.

I have been in a admission position  at other colleges in the past.  None of them mentioned any of the information from  this course.  This has been very eye opening for me. 

Knowing what it takes to uphold the standards of the institution is important, as well as having the proper credentials to perform these duties. 

the point that stood out was about company culture and what is and is not okay for compensation. 

having accountability for not only self but the company as a whole.

Some of the experience and qualifications include having one degree above what is offered in the program to teach, minimum age for recruiters, credit checks for financial officers and those handling funds. There should be separation of duties to allow for cross checks and decrease chance of conflict of interest. Compensation has specific criteria and details described. Ethical standards should be vague and difficult to enforce to keep a positive and healthy workplace. The overall ethical approach should include trust, honest, accountable to provide a quality educational program. 

I found this unit to be excessively dense and repetitive. The information should be written in a more accessible style - in my opinion.

We are all human and can  easily make a mistake. That is why it is important to be familiar with all regulations on a federal and state level.

The Higher Education Act prohibits institutions of higher education from providing a commission or bonuses to individuals or entities based on securing enrollment or financial aid. This prohibition is known as the ban on incentive compensation.

Throughout this whole training, the focus is really on honest and accurate information for students. 

Ethics are very important in any industry to ensure integrity. Also, background check is something that is not supposed to be overlooked especially in the education industry. It's very important to know who you're hiring and who you're enrolling.

Expect people to honor due dates and turn things in on time.

Understanding how the state regulatory laws work, as well as the state's policies for ethical behavior and appropriate training for all faculty and employees is essential to a successful occupational education institution. The emphasis on compliance as it relates to aspects such as the necessary separation of duties between departments, which helps avoid conflicts of interest, was new to me, but really well-explained here.

It is always important to maintain high standards of ethics in the work environment. For students, faculty, and staff, alike. 

strive for integrity in all things and you won't have as much to concern yourself with. Sure, there are always the regulations that can be difficult to navigate, but stay educated upon them, and you will be fine.

I like seeing all the rules and regulations everyone has to follow to make the institution run smoothly

It was good to have a refresher of rules in addition to learning more regarding a new state that I am going to. 

Checks and balances are good to have in place to ensure and honest and ethical institution. 

Having a strong code of ethics will help a school maintain compliance. In addition to federal guidelines you must follow those of the relevant state agencies as well. 

Every state has their own credentials and standards by which they are regulated. Rules and regulations are important for any institution as checks and balances. 

Sign In to comment