Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would respond "the quality of our instructors". The caliber of teaching is reflected by our instructors, we have good instructors we have a good program, but if we have great instructors, that is what makes our program the best.

Beside not being very nice talking negative about another school is un ethical. I would say that's a very nice school, but emphasize all the great things about Concorde

We encourage them when they ask to check out other campuses so they can compare.

I would stay focussed on what I know...our Concorde program. Students who research multiple educational institutions will have the information they need to make an informed choice.

I agree with this. If I were asked about another institution, I would let them know that I am not familiar with other schools and have them do the research on their own because every one has different opinions.

We should answer that we cannot speak for another school. This is a chance for the prospect to gather their information and make the right decision for them.

When I am asked this question,I offer no opinion. I simply state known facts and allow the student to process those facts in the light of their own situation.

We refer to the pass rates of the State Boards. These are closely monitored, and are a good indicator of how successful a program is. It is also good to have the student look at the different length of the schools, to get an idea of how intense a program may be. Shorter programs will get a student through the program more quickly, but may not allow the student to work part-time.

SINCE WE SHOULD HAVE SOME BASE LINE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT OUR COMPETETORS AND WHAT THEY OFFER. I WOULD ASK IF THEY HAVE VISITED THE OTHERS CAMPUS AND START OUT FOCUSING ON THE OVERALL PHYSICAL STRUCTURE OF MY CAMPUS AND THE AVAILABLE LABS AND THEIR CONTENT.I WOULD FARTHER USE SOME OF THE REASONS EMPLOYERS(ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS) HAVE GIVEN ME FOR WHY THEY PERFER HIRING GRADS FROM MY INSTUTION.

I agree with this statement. Deferring the perspective from other schools a Rep should point out all of the wonderful thing that their institution has to offer.

This was a great question and I think this helped me in regards to answering that question.

Great suggestions, Audrey. Exernal sources (like State Boards provding pass rates) are a way to direct students to "neutral" information on the industry.

I agree! It is always best to stay focused on your school and what your program has to offer. This thread is very helpful

At times I have had admissions bring a student to speak with me about the program. I do not compare our school to another. I talk to them about what we have to offer as a school, what to expect with each term theory and clinical, our pass rates and how we help them be successful and reach their "dream" of becoming a good nurse.

I agree. Admissions representatives should focus on the positive attributes of Concorde's programs and avoid any references to the programs of another institution.

A rep should speech about the program and campus that they are representing. They are not an expert on the other school in question.

A good way to respond is with I don't know about other institutions, and bring the perspective students focus back on this institution. The perspective student can do research on the other institution themselfs.

Avoid commenting on the competitor and simply state verifiable information regarding your institution

I agree...this puts the question back on the student and if they are serious, they will do the research.

I agree. Trying to compare one institution to another is a very dangerous slippery slope. It is better to discuss the benefits/merits of your institution's programs. The potential student can then take this information and use it to assess the pros and cons of each institution.

Sign In to comment