Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would try to steer the student in the direction of the programs offered at your institution, all the while keeping a positive attitude about any "competition".

Comparing various programs is common for students deciding on a career path. Ultimately, it is each student's individual decision and we can help them with that decision by demonstrating our own strengths.

I agree as well. The student should do the research. They are the one to make the final choice of school.

I would say I can tell you about our school but you will need to research on the other school you are inquiring about, then make your decision.

I just let them know, That I can not speak for another school just what Ogle has to offer.

I like your response to the question. The focus of the dialogue should be to inform the prospective student of accurate information regarding the college you represent.

I always just redirect them back to what we can do and who we are here at Ogle and tell them that I do not know anything about the other schools.

I agree they should do the research and make an informed decision for the self’s

It is always best to let them know we do not have any information from other schools but we can provide our school information.

Offering information on other institutions is never the right thing to do. I would always advise the student to contact that institution so they are properly informed.

I believe if an admission rep focus on what Concorde has to offer, our goals and mission, perspective students wouldn't ask about comparison to other schools.

I agree, most students who ask a lot of questions, have already done some research. Just focus on the strenghts of our schools, because we know that there is no compeetition!

I am not an admission representative, but I often here the reps encourage the potential student to visit other schools and do the comparison for themselves based on what they are looking for from a school.

I agree that a rep should explain they are not familiar with other schools or their programs, they only have knowledge about Concorde and what it can offer to a potential student.

I agree. I think it is also critical that we do not speak poorly of another institution.

Is it appropriate to share such information as grauation rates, and license exam pass rates?

I always stick to my guns, I can only address what I know for sure. I know my product is good and do nothing by putting someone else's product down. We get that type of feedback from students all the time, another institution said this about you, I ask, why did you still come in? Their response is, you did not speak badly of any other school. We do not have to, we should stand on our own merits.

A rep should state that they are only familiar with the programs at Concorde and are not at liberty to discuss another institution's programs that are not apart of Concorde.

The student would have to do their own research. It is important that we give prospective students as much information as possible on what our programs offer so that they can make an informed decision on whether it is a right fit.

I agree with everyone on only discussing the institution you are representing and not talking about any other, whether you have insight or not. As the saying goes, "Loose lips sink ships."

Sign In to comment