Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great point Traci! If the student has already been to another school, or has done their research, that tells me they are serious about this next step in their life. It indicates to me that I need to point out the features and benefits of the institution I work for.

I would inform the student I can only only speak about the school I know about. I also will highlight the good parts of the institution and not down play the other school.

The best way to respond is to simply discuss the school you represent and align the features of the school to what their interests are if it's a good fit. In regards to them asking about other schools, I would simply suggest they contact other schools they are interested in to compare what works best for them.

To let the student know that you are unfamiliar with the other school, but that you can tell them what our school offers on the subject that they are questioning.

I would just make sure I do not say anything negative about another school. Then I would proceed to talk about my school and the programs we offer.

Reps should not provide any comparison even if they are correct. Students need to take the respomnsibility to speak to the program director there or at the school they wish to transfer to as each school's registrar needs to make the determination for transfer credits

From my experience many have shopped other colleges and compared, which I can not blame them for wanting the best experience and price for their education. As long as we stick to what we know (which is our school not other schools) we are doing what we should.. After all they are wanting information on us so let us give that information. We have had several stories of students attending our school because of the fact our focus was on what makes us great and not how we are better than XYZ school.

I believe the response can be handled a number of ways. Avoid using superlatives, stick to the facts about your institution and don't desparage the competition.

Sign In to comment