Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Andrew - thanks for sharing your experience with studens acknowledging their respect for your school based on not bad-mouthing other schools.

Some regulators require such disclosure. Some require that if certain information is shared, that it be provided in specific formats and/or using certain formulas. Someone from your institution responsible for compliance and such disclosures should be able to answer for your specific school.

Good point, James. The industry as a whole is impacted by any negative comments.

I agree that it is important to explain the we would not be able to provide them with information about other schools, however,what I can do is provide them with detailed information about our school so that they will be able to make their own comparisons in order to make an informed decision.

John - I agree you have insight but remember that things change over time and the longer you are gone, the more outdated your information becomes. Be careful not to create risk of exposure by stating something that although was true when you worked at another institution may no longer be accurate.

I would stay focus and tell the student i am not aware about others institution, i can tell you about our institution

I agree, I am not a Admission Rep, but I do see all they have to do. They encourage our potential students with real facts about our school. When touring the school the potential student see our school in action. I think this helps our potential
student see what our school ia all about them.

I always let the potential student know that I can provide him/her with information pertaining to this school/program but he/she would need to research additional institutions on their own.

List our accreditations for them.

a REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD ONLY DISCUSS CONCORDE'S BENEFITS NOT COMPARE ANOTHER INSTITUTION, NOR ATTEMPT TO PUT THEM IN A BAD LIGHT.

Letting them know that we are not familiar with other institutions but would gladly answer any questions they have about ours. I would also encourage them to do their own research on other institutions.

With today's technology we have many informed prospective students that are capable of comparing our college to others. Sometimes students ask these types of questions already knowing the answer. Regardless, our response indicates our integrity. We should focus on facts about our own campus and answer any questions that the student may have and leave the comparisons to them.

Well stated, Frederick!

I refer student to the state board that displays pass rates for cretification in the state for all schools in Califorina that have a program like ours.

I would let them know that I am not familiar with the other schools, and thoroughly go over all of the Features and Benefits of Concorde.

I am not familiar with other campuses but would love to provide detailed information on our campus

I say that I am not sure of how the other institution operates.

I make no comparisons. But rater expand on the strengths of Concorde.

If asked this question, I would inform the student that while I could not speak on the particulars of another institution, I could give them detailed commentary on the benefits of attending Concorde.

I agree in that it's best to stay with what you know and that's representing only your college and services.

Sign In to comment