Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Preparing and Presenting Value | Origin: AD112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices in Presenting the Value of Your Institution --> Preparing and Presenting Value

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The presenting value worksheet was very helpful - it is a good work sheet for making sure you are addressing what will benefit the student directly, how to tackle that risk as well.  This prevents a feature selling and is focused on solving the students obstacles and reasons for making the change. 

I specifically like how you must address the benefit by tailoring it to the client's needs.  It is also important to complete check ins to assess how engaged the student is.  Are they understanding? 

It is extremnely important to listen to the candidate - check in and give them time to think and respond or ask further questions as they gather information from the rep.

Finding out the value specific to the prospective by asking questions about what they are looking for in school is important.

Then you can highlight the specifics of what tthe school has to offer which meets their needs and fulfills their value perspective.

Be sure to listen to your prospective student. What one student sees as a value for your school, may not be seen as value to another person. The presentation needs to be tailored to who you are speaking to. 

Visual aids and the tour are keys to showing the prospective student the value of your school.

Visual aids such as powerpoints or marketing ad's are great resources to show value to prospective students.

It's important to ask what other schools your student is also considering so you can professionally highlight the most meaningful point-of-differences to them.  Sometimes your "competition" isn't just other schools, sometimes it's the student not choosing to further their education. 

I will be incorporating the value proposition into my interactions with students as well as my info sessions.

For this session, I learned how to focus my presentation.  The worksheet was really helpful.  By having a plan of action within my presentation, I am able to give more vital information and make sure that I cover all important details.

Samantha

It is important to be clear about the resources to show the points of value that distinguish our academic proposal.

to createa framework for the prospect, talking points,and overall programs, focus on the value presentation and make sure they unerstand.

Get to know your audience, that way you can tailor the conversation to highlight the benefits that your school offers that would interest the student. 

Having a framework for the presentaion makes it easier for the presenter to communicate with prospective students. Tours, powerpoint presentation and the student catalogue are very resourceful materials in presenting to prospective students. It is important to stay within the school guidelines when using the different materials.

a framework and worksheet are good guideline for preparation a presentation to our perspective students. school course cat., powerpoint presentation, proir graduates positive feedbacks and interiews, and campus tour videos incoperated to the presentaton, also use own language as narrative when deliver the presentation will build up the trust, our customers/students feel confident in he course value, less risk, easy to achieve the goal-master the skill from learning the course. 

Make sure to have an outline/framework when presenting values. Use the materials provided by school during presentations-this are helpful to visual learners. 

Creating and using the framework - outline of the Presentation, you can use value ppropositions based on the relationstion, repor that you have built and the features and benefits that are important to the needs of the prosepctive student. 

value creation and deployment are elements difficult to share if you dont have a framework

The value presentation framework is a useful tool that allows us to maximize in understanding prospective student's values and can lead to a more effective presentation.

Sign In to comment