Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am really glad I chose this training module.  IT WORKS!

I really liked the part about helping students increase their resourcefulness, and create options for themselves. By identifying and adressing the students' challenges, we can help them find solutions.

Helping students to understand what resources could be helpful.

Allows students to understand formatting and get to know the support infrastructure they have access to.

They went over a lot of communications skills that were specific to talking to a prospective student. I think it would be good for us to have an enrollment checklist--am curious to get an example from the writers of this course.  They went through the steps of guiding a person along in the decision process in a good way that gets to know the person while sharing up to date info about the school that shows it's strengths. They suggested to often ask the students what their perspective is regarding the challenges and benefits of the program. There were some good ideas for marketing resources about the success of graduates. 

This lesson talked about using active listening as a tool for getting the whole picture from a potential student to help them decide if they want to enroll and how to make it possible.  It discourage using a hard sell but encouraged engaging a potential student to find out what's on their mind and to offer resources and listening to help them come up with the best answer for them.

in that we establishes all the challenges a student may have concerns and establish goals. 

Being resourceful is a good attitude. The admission process need people that are committed will take care of the prospective students.

Comment on Kimberly Taylor's post: It's always important to address the student's needs and fears. Sometimes all they need is to be heard.

Highlighting the resources helps adds value to the school as a potential solution to a problem, that way they can still achieve their educational goal.

The more you get to know your students, the better you can help them and offer resources available

I learned you seek agreement with the prospective student. This gives us their readiness to move forward with new information and next steps without them feeling pushed or rushed. 

We need to address the student's challenges by creating options for them. Giving them solutions.  We must attend to the student's concern so they can make the best decision, a solid decision. See things from the student's perspective. Use tools like: Facts, visual elements, credential and evidence, remove the risk .... address challenges in an honest way.

Overcoming obstacles and challenges can be more important than any other step in the process. 

address challenges 

Exploring your prospects.

know your tools, know your choices and resources

Avoid using the one size fits all strategy, use an enrollment checklist. 

Addressing the challenges and how to overcome them.

Clarify and use tools.

Sign In to comment