Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Appropriate humor in voicemails can be effective.

More thorough voicemails are more likely to get a response. Clarity and likeability are the best ways to encourage a student to call back and set an appointment. 

Everything makes a different. Be strategic and be effective with everything you do.

I learned the importance and value of telephone communication. I absolutely hate talking on the phone for business so it's something I definitely need to practice.

Try to remove background noise, to increase clarity 

Having a good voicemail outline can improve the way the message is received.

·      Voicemail is most effective for brief messages. It allows the person to call back at their own convenience, and we don’t have to keep calling them every fifteen minutes hoping to reach them.
·      The purpose of leaving a message is to expedite communication – the caller immediately knows why you’re calling, and they have a short-term record of your message.  

I learned that messages can use techniques that generate responses, but also act as a way to help sell your school to a prospect.

Voicemails can positively attract the client's interest with what you are offering/giving information about. It builds rapport with the student. An Admissions representative must learn how to speak clearly especially during telephone communication.

I have noticed that leaving a text has been more effective after making a call. Many phone (cell) has scam likely and the prospect does not pick up.

Leave effective messages

Having a script of a successful call outline would help to make sure you are using the four c's for every voicemail. 

Up to now I never really considered the importance of a message's structure.  Developing one can be key to getting your points across in a concise manner and adding humor can make the call back seem less daunting and more like catching up or responding to a much needed invitation. I will work on several call structures to help me through the objections phases.

Messaging is great marketing vehicle when seen as a tool instead of a obstacle.

This is definitely an area of 'ongoing' assessment and improvement for me. leaving effective voicemails is truly a skillset-tried and proven. Perception is absolutely everything! I have (and vow to never again.) "...viewed (voicemails) as the ultimate gatekeeper; an alternative is to view it as the ultimate advertising vehicle." as stated in this section. Unexpected good read!

It is important to be enthusiastic and meaningful when you leave a message for someone because you want to give them a reason to call you back. Intrigue and consideration are guaranteed ways to spark interest and a call back.

I have learned different ways on how to leave messages. Learn to switch it up and to bring your personality out. 

Sign In to comment