Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I intend to incorporate more project based knowledge as a guide to work through the physiology with students. I believe this can increased understanding and comprehension of the application of science to a clinical setting. 

Though technology is so important, and is important for our students in their time after graduation, I still think of it as a tool. Just one of many tools that can be used strategically in the classroom. As for inquiry based learning, I love it. Some of my favorite active learning strategies include elements of inquiry based learning. The students really seem to like it too. 

I employ as much technology in the classroom as possible, but what I like most about this section is internships.  I teach a practicum class which is listed as un-paid, but many of my students are getting paid for their time. The time spent on the job through the practicum is priceless. All my students who have this class love the experience and seem to pick up so much more than I can give them in the classroom or even the lab environment. 

Learning new ways to reach and teach students is absolutely the fresh air that traditional learning needs to meet the evolving wants of newer generations.  Change is usually good.

Work based learning is beneficial for students in CTE. We lean best by watching others and practicing.

In CTE, project-based learning is KEY! Project-based learning is the fundamental strength of CTE.

Simulated workplace is an amazing concept that will be implemented by me at the school I work for.

Our school has a new work based learning coordinator, so I'm excited to see the partnerships with our CTE Students.

I like the idea of Project-based learning. Having a real world connection is hard, for me, I think in English. Books, words, and feelings. How do you connect that to welding or electrical. This is my struggle. But I'd love to find some sort of problem that the students can work on together that connects what we're learning to the real world. 

Dont limit yourself to what your use to. Use all the other technology resources available to help aid you class.

One of the things I struggle with the most is introducing new technology into my classroom. I enjoyed learning more about RMAS transformation enhancement. I'm currently considering incorporating a restaurant simulation into my coursework. It's proving tricky, but it will be a great learning experience for the students and me. I love project based learning!

I plan on working in more real- world scenarios into my curriculum. Aside from the job shadowing and tours we do, I can bring more into the classroom in terms of what typical office procedure may be (emails, correspondence, chain of authority, etc).

The need to embrace technology not only in the classroom but in every day life is vital.  For me, it's a struggle everyday to keep up and I find sometimes my students teach me more than I do them!

I learned as a new instructor how important it is to include technology and fun in the classroom. There are so many websites and apps that are available to help. 

Allowing students to learn in the environment that they will be working in, is a great tool for giving students real world experience in their field.

Ways to use technology to connect students with new learning trends and facilite student learning. 

I feel like a workplace education style would work well for our school. We work closely with many local industry groups and it would be benefitial both for our industry partners and the students.

I learned new ways I can implement technology into the classroom and help reach all different types of learners. The question formulation technique is also a great resource to use to help me get away from more direct teaching. We have a dental clinic in our program that helps the students learn what it will be like to work in our industry and how to manage different types of patients. I am glad to know we are enhancing their education by doing that! 

I enjoyed learning about the simulated work environment. In nursing this is very benificial.

I think it is important to use technology to create better learning experiences, scenarios and this could work to enhance  critical thinking and problem solving skills.

Sign In to comment