Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology in the class room is a great way to reach our students, and to help better bring our students into the learning process.

Technology has really enhanced learning for nursing students.  Students are now able to work through case-based scenarios of patient care and learn clinical judgement skills in the process. From using videos to simulation mannequins the level of skills needed prior to actually performing the skill on an actual patient has increased the quality of care and safety of care given

Work based learning and understanding the changes and enhancements that technology bring is essential to CTE. As we continue to advance in processes and procedures, jobs won't just go away, they will evolve and we, as teachers must evolve along, in order to provide the best instruction for the new generations. 

Students these days do not have the work drive (at least in middle school) that we did when we were younger. I like the idea of having an interview and application process, submitting quarterly reports could be like grades at terms, establishing work teams and switching throughout the class. This section really opened up a lot of ideas on how to make classes fun and still structured at the same time. 

WBL has many opportunities for students at the high school level. I would like to see some opportunities at the middle school level. This is where creativity will impact the classroom more as we can simulate high school and after. 

I'm stoked about the Question Formulation Technique! I've actually been searching for something like this for my inquiry projects! 

project based and workplace learning environments are best for real world learning. Technology is a great way to to do learning. 

I worked at a PBL school. There was a ton that was good about it, but overall, without the proper resources (which were a lot), it was very ineffective. Schools need to be outfitted with actual professionals trained in the PBL process and the money and manpower to pull off something more effective for students. 

Having a clinical setting for students to practice skills that they have learned is a great way to check for understanding and mastery of skills that they will use in the workforce.

Sign In to comment