Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology in CTE is extrtemely important.

The integration of technology in the classroom is an intricate part of education in 2021. As a CTE teacher and teaching industry standards, it should be required the instructor and students to be efficient with all technology that is used in the profession. 

The realization that CTE is a phenomenal approach to implementing some of the most highly reverred teaching strategies: allowing students to take ownership of their learning through PBL!

The realization that PBL and WBL are phenomenal teaching and learning strategies that fit amazingly well with CTE!

I got the most out of the simulated workplace section, specifically the steps to creating a realistic environment. The SW lab I teach, Live Shop, could benefit from some of the steps that I don't already utilize. I'd really like to create more team-based projects for my Live Shop class, and have the students name their class for the semester since it's a recreation of a creative agency. I'm sure they'd love that, and taking ownership of their learning as well as encouraging teamwork.

I utilize technology in the classroom daily, there are many benefits.  I also operate a catering company and a coffee shop with our students, the relevance and importance are immediately obvious to students and this keeps them engaged.

technology and project based instruction are a critical to teh development of a interactive class. In the settign I work  many of the students havent have never been exposed to technology on a large scale they also have not been trained. I have a great gingerbread project that is a full town choosen by the group and make they have to make it as accurate as possible.

I'm thrilled there's a new push to grow and improve apprenticiship programs in the United States. Traditionally, apprenticiship programs and insternship have been dying; however, there's absolutely no logical reason to delay the networking and relevant work opportunities afforded to our students. 

I want to utilize more technology, especially games or interactive elements, in my classroom/online classes. Most of my students are fully online, and I want to engage them without drowning them in busy work. A platform like Nearpod might be exactly what I need. I also love the idea of the workplace simulation. I'm going to think about how to simulate a full remote job. 

My program is strictly asynchronous online, and I know listening to recorded lectures can be terribly boring.  I'm going to investigate some quick little attention-grabbing quizzes to incorporate into the lectures to break them up some.  Sometimes I start a lecture with a few lines from a song that leads into the topic of the lecture. It's my version of the "First Five Minutes."

I am trying to teach my older students how important it is to be able to use the computer. The COVID-19 pandemic is quickly demonstrating why online education should be a vital part of teaching and learning. I had a hard time believing that you could teach Basic Food Production on-line until I had to do it.

Adding technology to the classroom will ensure students are able to enter the workforce without being behind current technology trends.

The Right Question Institute was an intriguing exercise for the classroom, but I don't know how it could work successfully in an online format where no regular course meeting time can be established.

Tecnology helps the student to relate classroom to the real world effectively. Giving the studet a trainer that mimics on the job realities creates a shorter transistion between the academic environment and the real world enviroment.

I really liked the Asia Society's project based learning examples. It's easy to be daunted by the idea of creating an ongoing learning experience in which students grapple with a real world problem and work toward a solution, so having concrete and adaptable examples of this framework is very helpful. 

I loved the creative sites for games, videos and quizzing for additional resources in the classroom

Lots of gret options here - We currently use simulations, clinical experiences and skills labs to help build the knowledge-base our students need. I look forward to implementing the QFT model in my courses. 

It is important to be able to connect with your students.

As a teacher the use of technology needs to be integrated into the classroom in order to facilitate learning

Apprenticeship programs and job shadowing are important learning opportunities. Learning the ropes and rising up the ladder of success are the goals that mentors can influence.

Sign In to comment