Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reply to Liane Pardo-Mansfield's post: Tracking is very imporant. I think this is a good way to make sure future recuritment works well.

Reply to Libby Ediger's post: I think this is key. Getting qualified candidates from online is a useful tool. LinkedIn has become very popular.

Be polite with applicants at all times it is hard to repair a disgruntled applicant.

The primary thing is utilization of multiple recruitment methods. 

Make sure you post for the faculty you want and interview all those who qualify. 

I believe the process of recruiting, while tedious, what you post to your ad should be just as important as the position you are hiring for. 

Use multiple avenues to advertise job openings.

Defiantly tracing what works and not works can save a lot of time and money. Training students for future jobs in the organization is a great way to ensure you will have future teachers. 

There are so many methods to recruitment and multiple layers to this process and how it can affect the company's image, mission, and end goal. I feel that newspaper ads are basically out though, and sites like Indeed, and others, are how things are done at this current moment in time. I feel the pandemic really shifted not only what kind of jobs people are looking for, but how they are looking for them. We have seven schools and we have even started utilizing Facebook to post hiring ads and had some success there in finding Receptionists and some instructors. My favorite takeaway is how we treat each applicant can not only affect a potential future hire, but the image of the company in its entirety. Just like anything else we do, people may not remember what you said but they will remember how you made them feel. 

All applicants should be treated in a positive way. If they have a positive experience with your organization, whether they are hired or not, they have the power of word-of-mouth. An applicant who had a positive experience is likely to refer others for the position and possibly refer prospective students. You may also end up calling them back down the road if other candidates decline your offer.

There are different sources of recruitment and we should not rely on only one source. 

There is a plethora one can use in recruiting potential applicants. 2 which I think would be the best are the internet and professional bodies.

Finding the right person to join your team also involves collaborating with the recruiter because they may not always know the important things that faculty are looking for in a potential colleague.

I am now working on publishing an Alumni newsletter for our campus. This is not something we have ever done in the past. It would be a good adjunct recruiting tool, especially in health sciences and industrial technology. 

Using AIDA to create engaging job ads is a best practice when the school needs to recruit fast and in a targeted manner.

Sign In to comment