Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned the importance of constructive and descriptive feedback to students as a way to implement responsive facilitation.

We should help encourage students and make them understand they are ultimately responsible for how much they learn.

As i guide my students toward adulthood I must be a true facilitator for their mastery level of learning...

I like the approach of the 4 R's of Andragory for teaching adult learners: Respectful relationships, Responsive facilitation, Reality-based, and Reflection. 

I learned about response facilitation and the different uses. I plan to apply the feedback and dialogue learning. How I plan to apply the feedback is by using other applications most likely voice applications to provide my feedback.  For the dialogue learning I plan to group my students into groups more and explain to them about groups and what group members should do.

I learned that adult learners tend to be more self-directed, experienced, role-oriented, and performance-centered.  Due to this, I need to have a better understanding of each student and create opportunities in the classroom for application of this knowledge and experience and create an atmospher of mutal respect and understanding that promotes open discussion and dialogue.  The adult learner needs to be seen as another resource in the classroom based on their life experiences.

Learning by example is considerably better than simply lecturing the topic. I hope to include this information in my future courses. 

We go through LIFE accumulating experiences both positive and negative, which causes us to learn in different formats. These experiences is part of Andragogy.  In turn where the 4 R's are excellent pilars of learning. Number 3, nder Reality-Based Learnuing, what caught my attention was, "Learning is not passive- the experience of leaners must be solicited & incorporated."

Each student learns differently but, as long as there is passion in treaching they will be engaged. 

With adult students once they see the respect and passion in teaching, they are more than engaged and excited about the course.

I humbly have learned that a lot of how I've practiced over many years has been done by others, and well-articulated by the instructor here.  As I believe what happens a lot with good teaching/learning dynamics is not so much teacher teaches what students don't know, but teacher helps the student recognize, own, and deepen (learn) what they already kinda know or even have been practicing in a more conceptually clear manner.  The conceptualizations resonate with how I try to teach and what I believe in.  

Reply to Julie Lidberg's post:

Thank you for stating that Julie . I encourage my learners to read the chapter first. Then I tell go to the objective and look for the answers

in their readings.

Cozetta Carter

I learned that importance of creating the interaction between students and instructor. This will facilitate the responses by students. Providing students with feedbacks, practice good listening to make them feel they are heard so the instructor is not the final authority, and their voice counts.

I loved learning about pedagogy. I did not realize it differed from teaching kids, which means more real-world information a person can relate to makes for effective learning. 

I learned the style opportunities to teaching in the classroom

In this module, I have learned that reality-based learning poses a challenge in that the experiences of learners in a given class will not be the same. Similarly, the goals and aspirations of learners will also differ. This results in the difficult task of connecting with learners and utilizing the concepts of reality-based learning. 

I have learned about  Knowles Theory of Adult learning by providing the four principles of Androgogy followed by the 4 Rs; 1) Respectful relationships; 2) Responsive facilitation; 3) Reality-based learning; 4) Reflection. Helping students to become self directed learners and creating an open discussion free of judgment is necessary to produce indepedent thinkers with a valuable skillset.

Previous knowledge is not only important but an asset in online learning for adults. Tapping into their knowledge, then creating experiences where they get to lead future learning can be powerful. 

I have to relearn the Adult Learning theory by M. Knowles. The 4 R's by Brown such as Respectful, Responsive, Reality-based learning and Reflection.

This course reminds me there is more to the adult learning process than simply memorizing facts. If they can't see how all the facts come together to formulate a plan for their patients then we are not giving them the tools they need to be successful.

Sign In to comment