Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology Tools | Origin: EL104

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment --> Technology Tools

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned about investigating potential software and platforms for online class lectures and presentations.

In this session, I learned about all of the new technology being used as teaching tools.

I have learned so far to develop my own personal teaching style and facilitation of teaching and learning process. 

I have learned how to use the tools for online learning more effectively rather than just using the tools because they are there.

I learned to be conscious of doing too much demonstrating in class and not allowing students to be as involved in the hands-on work. It is important to allow them to get involved so they can learn by trial and error, but it is also important to remember some people learn better by watching. You have to find a balance.

Ensure the technology matches the outcomes you want the student to achieve. Many many forms of technology to use to enhance learning.

Technology can be very beneficial to the learning experience but it can also hinder just as much as it can help if it's not used in the proper or most effective ways.

There are many options available when selecting the technology to use in our classes; it is important to understand the course's objectives and the institution's guidelines in order to choose the best tool. This goes hand in hand with facilitating instruction and ensuring that students interact with, understand, and correctly replicate the information being presented. In my work, I intend to examine the application (LMS) in depth to get the most out of it.

The critical aspect of technology and its usage.

Understanding the different types of educational technology available and how they function will help to verify the credibility of new technology and course material.

There are different platforms that can be used. It's best to know what the need is and expected outcome when selecting which style to use. 

Technology is beneficial tool for teaching.

I learned that technology tools are valuable in education—provided that the instructor uses them intentionally with a clear purpose and proper understanding. Rather than using technology for its own sake, selecting the right tools allows us to effectively support the teaching process and facilitate deeper learning.

So far, I learned that technology tools can be very valuable, as long as the user is aware of how to properly use the technology and its purpose is clear.

Technology tools assist the instructor in the teaching process and facilitates the learning process. It is a great way improve communication, organization, and student engagement.  

In this module I learned that technology tools can be useful to the classroom setting, we just have to know when to use certain tools and how to use certain tools.

In this module I learned about different types of technology tools and how each can be applied to different styles of teaching to better support the students and the faculty teaching.

In this module, I gained a deeper understanding of a variety of technology tools that can enhance communication, improve organization, and increase student engagement. One of the key takeaways for me was the importance of using technology intentionally to support student learning and make course content more accessible.

As an hybrid instructor, I will continue incorporating tools such as Canvas, ALEKS, Zoom, and other digital resources to communicate effectively with students and promote their success. I am also interested in exploring new technologies that can further strengthen student engagement and create a more interactive and meaningful learning environment.

In this module, I learned about several technology tools that can be used to improve communication, organization, and student engagement.  I was reminded that technology is most effective when it is used to support learning and make information more accessible to students.

As an online mathematics instructor, I plan to apply what I learned by continuing to use technology tools such as Canvas, ALEKS, Zoom, and other online resources to communicate with students and support their learning.  I look forward to exploring additional tools that can help create a more engaging and effective learning experience.

Sign In to comment