Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing a course framework is like creating a roadmap for course development. It allows for careful planning of how to sustain module consistency and ensure completion of learning objectives. A course framework should answer questions about what students need to know and do, how content will be delivered, received, and assessed. Audience analysis is important before designing and developing the course. Consistency in course modules, including layout, instructional, and assessment characteristics, enhances the learning process and reduces student anxiety. Creating a learning-object database and using course-module templates can save time. LMS templates can be altered to fit specific needs.

Well structured. I have learnt about Course framework, creating and testing a course module and learning objects database.

I will try to use about the concept of consistency and learning objects database. 

The most important thing I learn is about chunking information so students can learn in better and effective way.

I learned about the importance of having a consistent format and chunking information to make sure that students don't feel overwhelmed. 

A course framework helps a teacher to align learning outcomes with learning activities. It stimulates motivation and integrates evidence of progress into learning. As a teacher, we have to make a consistent course framework. Students can get their best learning performance.

Through the use of a course framework, as a professional academic instructor, I have the opportunity to carefully plan how to develop a course more effectively by ensuring the consistency of the module and achieving the desired outcomes or learning objectives.

Honestly, I'm taking this course to beef up my faculty training and on-boarding for online educators, so I'm planning to apply all of the information presented.  I do however, value the emphasis on consistency.  I find that within their own courses educators often don't have any consistency or flow - which makes things haphazard and difficult for students to follow. 

Incorporating consistency and variety is a balance that appeals to students and can create an effective learning environment. When expectations and formatting is consistent, the student does can focus on exploring the different types of learning material rather than stressing about navigating the course and its expectations.

Instructors should have a consistent module format.  Communication with the audience is also key.

Better use of a learning objective data base

Using a platform that has a consistent appearance, use of tabs, assignment drop-box, etc. provides the student(s) with a user-friendly system.  It also makes it easier for the instructor, or substitute instructor to locate completed items. 

Utilizing a framework will allow all objectives to be defined for expected outcomes as well as provided ease of navigation and consistency. 

The importance of clean easy to access and easy-to-understand modules. Repetition is your friend. 

I plan to practice keeping everything looking the same and organized by date. 

Important to develop your own learning object and share with other instructors so you can create smaller learning platforms for better learning retention.  

I have learned the importance of organizing the modules into roughly the same size and duration. If one is larger than another, consider chunking the material into two modules. 

Having consistency in the course will help the students understand and organize the content. 

The most important thing is making the course consistent. Templates and format create a clear concise instructions and guidelines for completion of assignment effectively.

The framework works as a skeleton for the course. Carefully created is a base for the good quality course.

I need to be consistent.

Sign In to comment