Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Once a module is developed you can use it and see what you can revise so it can be used again. It keeps you consistent with how you dispense information.

Great idea to keep all learning objects in one space.

Consistency is key!

Consistency in the format makes for happy students when locating information.

I learned my course should be easy to navigate for the students, and the modules should be consistent. 

I learned to be consistent on deveoping the module which even includes the text size.

Ensuring that the course is structured consistently and ordered correctly will help keep the student's attention.

Chunking is defined as creating smaller units of information that are also coordinated with larger units, modules, or courses.  This is beneficial for student learning as the learner typically loses focus while watching a video that is longer than 5-10 minutes.  Good to know.

Its important to remember that in person content shouldn't just be copied online and used for online instruction. It is important to consider the tools available and different mediums in which content can be delivered online. Consistency is also key so that students know what to expect and can be successful. 

Learning objects may also be used as supplemental information or to provide opportunity for remedial learning. 

I learned on how important it is to be organized and consisted witht he templates. This is a great method to follow to avoid confusion from the students. 

Developing modules that are consistent ensures uniformity for the course. It makes it easier for students to understand the course structure and be able to engage with the content in an efficent way.

I think a key is having sufficient testing. Ensure that the testers can look at your layout and content with the student's perspective. 

I would say the most importatn thing I learned is that the templates should be the same for each course. Now I know why our students sometimes get confused when they have different instructors revisingand making too many changes

There are so many different learning resources available that it's hard to know how to organize them all! I create a folder to place all my important assignment feedback, discussion responses, essential websites, videos, and images for each class I teach. This way, I can build upon my learning resources each term and improve my teaching practices and different ways of reaching students. 

I have learned in this module that it's very important to to have a framework in the online courses. I will apply a template in the design and development of the online courses that I supervise.

I really like the idea of the learning objects database as a way to store content for the course that has been created and available for use as another instructor sees fit. 

Online learning can be daunting, particularly for those not used to virtual or hybrid college courses. Consistency helps ensure that there is one less barrier in the way for non-traditional students who take online courses. Consistency also makes the lives of instructors easier, too, since it is not necessary to completely overhaul the material each term. 

In the creation of the content of a module is very important to khow all the components that are needeed so it can be effective and approppiate for all students.

Consistency is key with a student-centered approach, and students need to feel that there is consistency in instruction and direction. When students have inconsistencies, they may get confused and may complete the assignment incorrectly. 

Sign In to comment