Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like the idea of asking a question and have the students text me the correct answer and getting points.  I  think this will help engage the students that are afraid to answer for fear of being wrong.

Knoiwing learning styes is necessary for educators.

I am going to be looking at each student more carefully and figure out what kind of learner they are, and use different approaches for them. 

Different students learn differently.  If you teach to the individual's style they will learn more effectively.

Adaptation of the learning styles of students can improve outcomes.   Kinesthetic, Integer & Loner techniques can be a part of the learning process, based on analysis bu the instructor.

People learn in different ways, there is no one size fits all approach to satisfy those learning styles 

I learned about the different learning styles and how to keep students engaged by catering to their learning style

Comment on Kathleen O’Neil-Meyers's post: Yes I learned about different learning styles in college but had a hard time grasping the concept. This lesson gave me more insight.

Comment on Marilu Morales's post: Yes each student is unique and has their own learning style I comprehend that now. It isnt a one size fits all approach.

I have had to learn to deal with students that do not readily interact during class. It has been a challenge to try and involve them. This course is encouraging me to consider that they learn in non-expected ways.

Recognizing the different learning styles and acting on them with individual students would be not only helpful for the students, but make the whole teaching process much more interesting.

The idea of passwords in the reading was novel. The idea of accumulating points toward a prize for pre-reading Q/A was also novel. I feel like I will utilize these ideas, as each cohort seems to struggle more than the previous with completing the pre-reading. 

Vary your teaching style to meet the needs of the learner. 

I learned of some different methods to engage my students.

Case studies can be used to help a student who is a deep thinker

Learning logs for the lone learner can promote reflection and enhance what to focus on for retention.

Tactile objects are good for helping the touchy or kinesthetic learner in helping make associations. 

Being aware of different learning styles is so important. Changing out approach to reach as many students as possible is imperative.

Not all learners are the same. You have to adapt to individual types when creating lesson plans, this will always change as your classes change. 

There are 8 different learning styles.

Understanding the different types of learners and providing multiple learning tools, to engage each student becomes instrumental in their success.  All forms of the learner provided in this course can be used for students. 

I like the ideas for the loner.

Sign In to comment