Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned to be open to new ideas and ways of teaching. Everything changes, and we need to go with the flow. I love finding new ways of teaching. I use a lot of games as I feel that learning should be fun. These activities that I have read about seem to be an excellent place to start. This will help the students understand the importance of their Clinicals.

Students can learn about their own subject from a different type of learning opportunity.  I like the observation suggestion while one is sharing about their best vacation.  It's important for students to remember that they need to keep their eyes and ears open when they are with patients to pick up on all needs.

I liked how the teaching methods applied to patient care and gave examples such as using multiple senses. 

I will implement real life relatable stories with the class.

Waltina Bellamy,

I really enjoyed the activity on Interactive Learning Ability as an assessment tool and intend to incorporate that into my clinical rotation. I think it would be a fun way to learn assessment skills.  

I really like the idea of the telling your partner the story of a favorite vacation and then seeing how they really observe. I think we can all be guilty of not taking the time to listen and actually observe the whole situation. I want to implement this into my course. 

I have seen a problem with critical thinking amongst my students. I think some of these activities would help foster those.

This module brought understanding to why introducing new content to both myself and the students is beneficial to the 'outside the box' approach. It allows me to be innovative with different learning tools and challenge the students to knew information. 

Start the class with an activity that will help them "unfocus" on their anxiety/ a diversion activity that will get them thinking.

Or incorporate an activity which they will easily recall because it is fun -  this will help them remember the concept/content taught for the day.

This module presented several "out-of-the-box" lesson examples, that could be used to help students better understand and remember certain materials.  I learned from the examples that we can have these "out-of-the-box" moments, with or without extra resources/props/tools.

This gave me some great ideas! 

I learned some new ways to reduce anxiety and introduce learning on topics that I am not seeing the results that I need. 

I learning different activities such as the thinking puzzle to reduce my student's anxiety and wheel of supplies to teach students where things are located. 

During pandemic, as clinical instructors, we became so creative to replace hands- on experience with simulation with the use of different platforms. It was very encouraging to learn new technology and diffrent platforms to teach students. One of those is navigating Swiftriver simulation lessons.

These ideas are great.  It would help me to to deliver content that is difficult and help me to motivate students that would otherwise be unintereste. 

These were excellent teaching activities that I feel will really engage students

Great examples for demonstrating situational awareness and mindfulness.

It is so important to use activities when teaching a difficult topic.  Not only do it help students to learn, but it draws them in and help to engage them.

This was very beneficial in learning how to teach a lot of difficult content and make it interesting.  As well as it allows the teacher to discuss them with the student, start them to think critically, make good clinical decisions and assess their understanding of the content in a fun way.  I particularly liked the "Weakest Link" Activity.  

Using several style of teachinf helps create an interesting and more involved classroom experience 

Sign In to comment