Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Good activities to help engage learners.

Use activities that will challenge students to think and apply learned information.

I learned there's many ways to incorporate activities to decrease student's anxiety.  The eye and ears activity is a great game to evaluate the student's assessment skills.

Reply to Karie Tennant's post: Karie,

I agree.. Learning should be fun and not stressful for our students.

Engaging student is critical to help them learn to think critically and the link the content that s being taught 

Varying teaching tools in the classroom is successful for the retention if material that might be hard to teach in the first place.

Great ideas. I will most likely use the idea of assessment and remembering chrcrteristics about the partner.

I liked the A B exercise where the goal was not to remember what people said about their vacation, but to take note of characteristics of the person talking. That is extremely relevant to healthcare patients as well as every day life.

By changing the method in which you teach it gives your students a different perspective in which to look at the material and hopefully a different way to learn.  It is important to find the different ways in which your student can learn the best, and likely it will be different for each of them.

Strategies were interesting and slightly different from the one's used presently.  Will incorporate

I now have a great activity to use when introducing charting and the interview process. The others I will sprinkle throughout various classes, especially the thinking activity.

Don't be afraid to try new teaching methods if your current ones are not successful.

I believe that it is important to teach in different style to reach every type of learning.  I also think that lecturing by powerpoint is dreadful.  Many student want lecture by powerpoint so that they do not have to put in work prior to class.  I like to flip the classroom and provide a lecture video for them to watch.  In class, I like to go over concepts, discussion groups, questions, etc.. In this way every learn reached.    

When students participate in activities such as asking each other questions or teaching each other they are actively engaging themselves and enhancing their knowledge of each other. 

This course highlighted how interactive learning can enhance the critical thinking, knowledge sharing, and facilitate active learning.

Incredible ideas, I plan to utilize one within the week

I learned multiple ways to keep students engaged in learning.

I learned about various techniques in instruction that I would like to implement. 

It was excellent learning tools to ncrease critical thinking skills

The activity, which focused on how important it is to listen, was great.  

Sign In to comment