Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This was a very insightful module for me.  I have not taken the type to read about Gen X and Y and this gave me an opportunity to understand that population.  I now know why the students like how I approach teaching and learning.  I include them as collaborative partners and emphasize I am their coach/facilitator of knowledge. I will teach them how to acquire knowledge.  I realize the value of incorporating technology with the generations.  As the video indicated incorporate technology small, simple while thinking Big. 

The generations can learn valuable skills from each other.

This section was super informative. I'll be equipped to better adapt my course objectives to a variety of different generations and their preferred learning and delivery modalities. I'm especially excited to teach outside of my own generation, both younger and older, and see how I can create a flexible yet effective learning environment.

I wish i had gone over this content in my previous job, as I dealt with a lot of Gen Y and Z associates.  For the most part, I used a lot of the strategies listed, but there are some points I could have used to make my job easier, but also to share with my fellow Coaches. 

We become a vessel of information to students who thinks we are a drive through... Theyre so fast pace learner

Using varied learning strategies helps to reach multigenerational classes.

Using personal experiences has helped carry on a great conversation in the classroom

great /informative/inservice

What I understand from this module.  For the Y Z generation critical thinking is the missing learning objective.  With all of the ability that technology has provided for the Y Z generation from birth, they have been cripppled with process, and spoon fed, with the ease of obtaining knowledge.  what required research in the past is a tap away.  Critical thinking is an essential part of problem solving in every aspect of life.  As teachers we will be required to provide critical thinking as a part of the learning applications.

I got a better understanding of Gen Y and Gen Z and how they prefer to learn. I learned what is required to better engage these younger generation students.

It is important to understand how to better engage students from different generation cohorts. Understanding their learning preferences will allow us to understand how to keep them engaged in the classroom.

I believe it is critical that I foster the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills in my students. They must be prepared to enter the field ready to tackle real-world problems without the need of constant hand-holding. 

In this module I learned the importance of sharing your life/work experience and having students be active learners especially Generation Y and Z.  These two generations get bored easily, so you need to keep your teaching active and help them to be involved in group assignments.  I think that bringing multigenerations together can be very beneficial because they can assit each other to learn from each other.

I talk about different scenarios I have seen or been involved in during my clinical and ED days.  I also have my students roleplay scenarios.  It seems to help them understand the importance of empathy and good professional communication.

Generation Y and Z have a lot to contribute to the classroom setting.

Being opened minded and receptive to all learning styles make you an overall better rounded individual. All the generations learning and adapting to each others benefitting all. 

It is important to challenge Gen Y and Z students who have not experienced critical thinking for themselves so they can be more self-sufficient.

every generation has its different preferences but it's interesting to see the connections coming down to interaction and care

Generational learners can learn from each other - each generation has a skill set that can be beneficial to others.

I do find it valuable for classes that include Gen Y and Z students to make sure to compliment them as I correct them.  In past years I would say for example, This dish needs more salt. But now I would say I like the look of this dish however it could use a bit more flavor by adding salt , but you cooked it very well.  It is correction surrounded by compliment so that they feel their sense of validation.

Sign In to comment