Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We have to know the student we are teaching. Also how they value there education and the way they are receiving it. Life experience in what I teach will help the student to see relevance in the subject.

I was very intrigued by the delineation of the multi generational characteristics. I have noticed many of these in my own observations in life, but to have them laid out in a concise manner, as this course does, was quite revealing as to why we learn in different ways while still have the same basic needs when it comes to absorbing information. Technology has certainly changed the ways in which we access information, and the approach to education is, indeed, generationally diverse, but the need to absorb that education and make it relevant to our own lives is certainly universal.

Learning is student-centered nowadays. They need to learn problem-solving and critical thinking because are the skills employers are looking for, as well as decent computer skills.

People have always had different learning styles, so mixing up your delivery is crucial. 

Guide on the side, not sage on the stage. Bring your personal experiences to the classroom to teach from your own wealth of knowledge. 

Gen Y and Gen Z both like to be involved in active learning.

Sign In to comment