Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

People develop soft skills through socialization, learning the values, attitudes, and actions through interactions with others.

I think understanding students' likes and dislikes are very important for this.

I learned some really good skills to use for preparing my lesson plans as well as how to help the students do presentations. 

I think that is key to soft skills. 

Over the time of my teaching I have learned that students need to acquire soft skills to be successful in their chosen field. Many have not been trained these in a home setting and is greatly needed to see them succeed.

I think soft skills are almost, if not more important than the actual hands-on skills I teach my students. Some of the techniques I learned here will help me to convey that message.

Communication is an integral part of everyday life as well as in the work environment.  Having good interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and collaborate as a team member is critical in almost every field.  Good refresher.

I learned some really helpful strategies for promoting adaptability, solving problems, dealing with conflict, and being self-motivated. I think these will come in handy. I would like to use the example activities to incorporate these into the classroom and of course work on these myself as well. 

I learned more about time management and how to set that as an example to the students. This helps them feel focused and relaxed knowing that I have a plan. I also learned about how to use group activities to foster a sense of community and cohesiveness in the classroom setting. 

That soft skills are needed. Giving students experiences developing them.

I liked the idea of having students use their smart phones to help with time management. Everything else was pretty obvious stuff. 

I've learned simple ways such as letting students choose their own lab groups and seats then later assigning them for them. This should help with their adaptability.

Comment on Giovanna Calabrese's post:  The information was common but reassuring  as to properly prepare students for the workforce. Its much needed to ensure students are employable.

The information is insightful. Good resource for new instructors.

First the ability to differentiate between Hard Skills and Soft Skills and how to apply them. I now have an appreciation of Soft Skills whereas before I just tried to get by without understanding the true impact of Soft Skills and identifying my associated weakness in that area. I look forward to advancing Soft Skills to have a better product that the class as a unit will benefit from.

Comment on Giovanna Calabrese's post

This learning was sowessential for us as instructorts to help our students be successful with soft skills that are bound to appear in the work place. Adapting is very important as they will alway see change in both career and personal life. Also, problem solving is critical as they all will encounter some kind of problem that needs to be confronted and resolved. Additionally, although it will not be a perfect working envoronment, they must be motivated to stay the task. 

The course Time Management is just a reminder of the importance of continally to bring out the best from me, in order to bring out the best from the student, as a future skilled  professional employee.

The information can definitely be applied to nursing simulations to allow the students to role play and communicate with kind and bilegerent patients. 

This was a very informative module. I learned the importance of soft skills. How important the are from day one.

Hello,

I've learned that the importance of soft skills in a classroom will help students succeed in the field. I believe you'll continue the same habits portrayed in the class room out in the field rather good or bad. Establishing great soft skills will help everyone to understand the importance of teamwork, responsibility, flexibility, great communication skills and more. Which will help students remain successful on the job.

Learning more about teamwork, collaboration & time management has been a big eye opener as well as a AHA! moment for me. Seeing the different techniques, different tools & the focus I can apply in my class has helped me start planning and finding resources that I can incorporate in my class both online and in person. Im excited to start come Monday with my students. 

Sign In to comment