Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I enjoyed this course and believe this will help me to foster my students' soft skills. Such as group presentations and the use of a rubric to grade not only the ones that are presenting but also the audience. Soft skills are extremely important in having a successful career and as instructors we need to help our students grow those skills.

As an instructor, I believe it is important to set clear expectations at the beginning of each class so that students have a clear understanding, and can therefore plan accordingly.  At the beginning of each class, all due dates should be entered. At the beginning of each class, there should be daily objectives posted so that the students know what they will be learning.  

Comment on Yolanda Beavers's post: I was thinking the same thing with my class for our in person days. 

Soft skills enhance the meaning and understanding of communication. We must model the effective uses of non-verbal communication to support the learner to develop these skills. This training tied together the connection between time management, collaboration and teamwork. 

I learned the soft skills needed for students to grow. The different types of communications skills and working on teambuilding skills.  Setting goals, managing time and working collaboratively will benefit the students to excel in the workforce environment. Listening to students and providing opportunities to foster soft skills.

I plan on implementing soft skills in my class by holding myself as well as my students accountable to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, while verbalizing and controlling the situations at hand.

I was not familiar with Cornell-style notes; this was a great pearl that I will share with my students. 

I think it is important to always have a positive attitude while in the classroom, and demonstrate good behavior. 

Soft skills and work skills can deffer greatly, but it is important to have and maintain soft skills to effectivity deliver information to students where they don't feel judged or belittled. 

I learned one of the most important goals of a college education is the preparation for success in the classroom setting for the real world. The most important soft skills employers value are emotional intelligence, communication, problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, conflict resolution, flexibility, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Having the right employees can make an impact on the delivery of work.  

Soft skills are very important elements of a CTE classroom so that students can be prepared for the real world. 

These were good reminders of things I already use in my classes. 

Pretty easy information.

Most of the discussion it something I implement daily to myself and students. Very good reminders. 

I work for such an awesome company and feel my leadership already put lots of effort in emphasizing such strategies. This module reassures me that what I am currently doing in class, is the best method for management within the presentation, discussions, team building and time management. 

Sign In to comment