Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important for students to learn skills beyond just their day-to-day tasks. Having the solid foundation of soft skills allows them to prepare for any field they may want to enter and sets them up for success and potential promotions down the line. These are also skills that students need while they are in school, and it is important to build these skills into the curriculum as a way to encourage/require students to begin using them. The more comfortable they are using these skills now, the more natural it will be to use these skills in the future.

Learned some new stratagies.  Need to keep soft skills infront of the student all the time so they will become more successful in their career

Soft-Skills are not only important in the workplace, but also in HS and College/Trade School. Just like Academic Content, these skills need to be taught, practiced and re-enforced frequently for them to become useful in the long-run for our students. 

This is a huge part of my teaching already, getting the students ready for clinicals and future jobs, and letting them know that they will most likely be hired because they are a fit for the company, they can always help teach you skills, but the cannot teach personality.

I feel that the training is good for me &the student. I think it's important for teachers to have a daily agenda posted either in person or online in the learning management system. Kids need to know deadlines and expectations ahead of time. 

I think it is really important to help students utlilize tools they already are familiar with using.

Very basic info but sometimes good to here again

Taking time to focus on soft skills is important.  I need to plan for more activities to teach and practice these skills.

Two top takeaways from the course so far were:

1) Keeping track of what we do and then going back over our porcess to see what can be improved. We cannot fix what we do not know - and so keepign track of that helps us see lttile things that we might nnot realize are time wasters or tme hlpeers. This is even more imprtant for events that are repeated, like the fund raier mentioned in one of the videos 

2) The reminders for time maagment stratgeies and to help stduents more - like with reminding them to think about how uch tme an assignent will take them and then plan to carve out that tme in the schedule - or use their phone's options- becaus wehn we remind students of these basics, it could make a huge difference for them 

During Part 1 of this course I was reminded of many little details - while also learned a few new ideas. 

The many reminders provide dme with an example as to how we do need to review material - and how we soetimes abosrb it n different ways or we might make a new connections with it. 

The video speakers were succint and prvided the information at a nice pace  - warm yet so professional. 

And as usual, the Max Knowledge qaulity was here with breaking up the material into chunks and providing transcripts to go with each video. The otion to lisent or read (or do both) is so helpful and the pacing of the courses here always make themenjoyable for me. I tae so much away and also try to foloow this format when I create short learning modules 

thanks 

Yvette 

I am going to use the idea of "pre-planning" for a week the next tme I see a student struggling wth their schedule or time managment - 

A top takeaway for me was the section about prpepaing students to receive feedback and how to respond to potential negative feedback (ask for traning resources) 

Refresher course, but some great strategies to share with students.

This course reinforced the importance of soft skills such as good communication (listening, speaking, writing). Soft skills help you build relationships and solve problems to use your hard skills to their full extent. 

I learned to continue to push my students and to show them how important adaptability and flexibility are in real life.

Soft skills can be lerned from scenarios done in classroom or even how the classroom is managed. 

i learn that allowing and teaching students to stay focus and on track will ease some of the stress

Basic but common sense information.

I appreciated the information on soft skills, adaptability, problem solving, conflict resolution and being able to effectively implement and receive feedback. All vital skills to succeed in the workplace!

I always provide my students with a variety of strategies for improving their time management skills. This allows them an opportunity to explore various options and decide which strategy is the best fit for them. Also, when students have the ability to tailor their own time mangement it helps them manage time in all areas of thie life. 

Sign In to comment