Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe respect for others is one of the most important. It shows you have self respect and are willing to work and listen to constructive criticism. I also believe good communication is essential, but so hard to get students to understand how crucial this is to do.

The PA study suggested that being a team player was the most important and my experience has born this out. I personally struggle with this, as it is sometimes hard to make my process fit with anothers'. I usually succeed because it is so important, I just need to evaluate and not be impulsive.

Angie,
Respect is a topic that people have so many different opinions on. From deserving respect, to giving, earning, it goes on and on. It is up for that person to determine how they want to show respect and then do it. People cannot expect to get respect, but some do.
Philip Campbell

Getting along with others is one of the most important soft skills in the workplace.

Being a good listener for your co-workers - listen without injecting your own emotions - enables you to positively contribute to the workplace and enhance workplace relationships.

Being able to relate to others of different ethnic background.

Communication is one of the most important soft skills.

Communication is the key. Great communication can enhance learning abilities and relationships.

I feel soft skills are very important in the classroom. Communication is one of the very most important skills in the classroom. People are different and have different opinions and react differently to certain situations, but with good communication skills an instructor can communicate with many different type of personalities. I find that student are sometimes on the defensive when they try to communicate their ideas if they are unsure and if you can relate and communicate in a menner the can relate to then everyone can align on a even level.

Personally I believe that they all are important because it brings balance to the class room, but if I must choose I would say Integrity, Dependability, and having a positive attitude.

Maintaining a positive attitude despite the often negative dynamics involving an instructor's personal life is incredibly important. An instructor must learn to manage his emotions. Secondly, understanding and respecting others, especially our students, is crucial to a successful class experience. Age gaps, life style choices, and philosophical differences must be put aside in the class room. The three listed differences, plus many more, are best not touched on during class instruction.

For me, the most important soft skill is integrity. If I am guided by a clear sense of internal values and life principles, I can confidently employ the other soft and people skills. It's possible to be polite and tactful, to be a good listener, to respect and to motivate as long as I operate from this central beacon of integrity.

I believe that positive attitude is the most important soft skill. Positive attitude is contagious. I breeds in the classroom. I always try to find the good in all things and people.
You also need to love what you do.

James ,
Keep the environment non threatening. All students have anxiety about class. Keep them all focused and on task.
Philip Campbell

Betsy,
Emotions are hard to control and they can get the better of the best people.
Philip Campbell

Termila,
Very true, communication will clear up a lot of the confusion that exists.
Philip Campbell

Ronald,
That is true, and sometimes people see that as being passive. I do not. I think if we can all learn to play nice together the world would be a better place.
Philip Campbell

Edward,
If we can maintain a positive attitude and have that brush off onto our students, imagine how many lives we could change just by doing that.
Philip Campbell

Anthony,
That is a big one, and one that many believe in as well.
Philip Campbell

David,
Positive Attitudes breed more positive attitudes.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment