Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Gamification in the Classroom | Origin: ED409

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Gamification in the Classroom

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned to be more accepting of the possiblities of a "gamimg" approach to teaching. During lecture-based classes to add more interest and increase "hands-on" learning. 

I learned from this topic that I was practicing some of the principles of gamification but needed to implement more of the visual aids that accompany it to help my students feel successful and excited about completing their course requirements.  I now will have fun using the Leveling up and appropriating points based on the experience system.

Watchig this training, is helping me implement new ideas in the classroom, to help ingage and keep the students happy and learing. What a great course.  

what i have learned is that i was implementing some of principles discussed. However i gained new information that will help me implement new ideas in the classroom 

I have learned to use the gaming approch in teaching in my daily teaching. And increase more hands on activities. 

This is a great way to implement new ideas that make class fun and exciting.   Students will want to come to class to level up!

I have learned that this twchnique aims to leverage students innate desire for competition, socializing and learning. Faculty can use rewards for those who master the task or use it as a tool to engae students and compete against each other while learning. 

Gamification in the classroom environemnt is making the learning environment fun, creative, and overall having fun while learning. 

I have always used gamification in the classroom and feel it is a very essential part of classroom learning and interest. It therefore enhances the lesson to learn and makes learning fun.

Gamification in the classroom is of utmost importance as this enhances the lesson and keeps it interesting. This further keeps the student  engaged and makes learning fun and wanting more.

Implementing gamification into the classroom will not only have our students engaged in the material that is needed for them. It also increases their awareness of their classmates to know where they stand in the class. 

Gamification is a new concept for me. I think it will motivate student to do better and want to use their techinical skills more. I would make the students be more engaged and want to succed. a new way of helping students be more creative 

Most people respond very well to challenge and competition.  If we can implement that in the classroom we would have much better participation and a much better overall learning experience.

Gamification will help not only the student but also the instrutor with retention, participation and attendance. 

I have never really thought of our activities that we have in place as gamification activities. I think using these activities really does get the student involved in the coursework.

I use Kahoot gaming to reinforce concepts. Kahoots does use each of the components discussed!

Gamification sounds like it would boost student interaction and at the same time make an exciting enviroment.

I use jeopardy for class involvemnt and particiaption - gets extremely competivie and students pumped up.

Gamification sure puts a twist in a classroom for sure. I am ready to create Boss Battles.   Seems difficult to apply to a medical skills class but I accept the challenge!

Sign In to comment