Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Cooperative learning and active learning go hand in hand. Utilizing this type of learning will also help student learning styles become a reality.

I learned the most regarding accommodating differing learning styles and lab alternatives. The virtual lab is particularly intersting to me, and if I had the resources I'd love to develop a virtual lab for my students, who don't generally have the time to fully engage with some of our press equipment like I would like.

I've learned the importance of implementing various learning styles.

We used virtual simulations during the lockdown/Pandemic.  The graphics, while greatly improved, were still slow and stuttering.  It would be awesome if those people who do the "shoot'em up" kind of video games could create an ER "sew'em up" game...It would be well-received for sure!  As for "risky" situations, I really like the virtual simulations.  I would love if we could combine a virtual sim followed by a hands-on lab for the same topic.  To have both, however, is too expensive and I understand that.  

OMG.  I just realized we can probably do virtual followed by real activities with the eHospital!!  YAY!!

Really need to understand your students

Learning the material in the classroom and then applying it in lab makes the learning process easier

Learning styles are the student's strength. They should be encouraged to try different styles for learning enhancement.

Most of my students are Kinesthetic, this requires the instructor to stay active and current.

I have noticed that most of the students that i teach are kinesthetic learners. We do have books in the class room for all students that show step by step methods but they like watching how to do steps first.

While lab time is crucial for the kinesthetic learner, some materials are expensive and may not be available for the demonstration/experiment and cause the lesson to be shortened or not being complete. 

Identifying a student's learning style and making the student aware of thier personal learning styles will benefit and enhance the learning process.  Teaming students with like learning styles is anovel idea that I plan to use in future classes.

There are many positives for using simulation-cost, no harm to students, etc. Also one more tool in our toolbox that benefits students. The different learning styles are valuable to keep in mind. Those with similar learning styles do well to team up.

Adult learners learn in various ways. It is imperative that each learning style is identified and accomodated in an effective way. 

There are certain know difficulties with the lab environment that a teacher can try to avoid.  

Reinforce in a positive light to learners that their preferred learning techniques are their strengths.

Knowing and implementing the various learning styles in the lab will achieve good outcomes.

An active learning environment leads to active participation from all students. That shall create a foundation that includes different learning style students.

Active learning strategies can greatly increase the amount of knowledge retention in students. In my classes, I can't get away from lecturing completely, but I can reduce the amount of lecturing to essential information and then have a collaborative environment where the students are able to actively be involved in creating a learning environment. 

Lab work is not alway practical.  finding the right combination of lecture and labwork is key to me for a good lesson plan.

Sign In to comment