Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

organized teams work well and you can monitor teams effectively

Engaging students in the lab connects the students to the reading materials as they recognize that to be successful in the lab they must be reading and participating in lecture.

I learned that I am a kinetic learner.

In labs it is important to incorporate different teaching styles for all students. Using examples and demonstration will further learning 

its important to try to learn your dominate learning style and as a teacher try to cover all of them whem possible

Getting to know your students individual learning styles & offering this as a way to learn . Encourages retention of material instead of the old style of lecturing.

Learning styles are behaviors that serve as stable indicators of how learners perceive, interact with, and respond to their learning environment

Teach basics and see how well they work with their hands

Instructors should use multiple strategies to address the variety of student learning styles and adapt those strategies based on the differences of individual groups of students/classes.  I found it very interesting to learn that studies have show students will gravitate toward more accountability/responsibility for their learning with less lecture; and demonstrate better writing and thinking skills in a cooperative/active learning environment.  I do offer an active learning environment...but still find that students come unprepared or have not finished required reading, etc.  

In teaching my CTE classes, the cooperative and active learning approach is commonly intertwined so that all students will obtain the necessary instruction to be successful in my classes.

know your learning styles and familiarize yourself with the lab.

Something mentioned in the module that I currently do is instruction, modeling, then hands-on learning. Without even realizing it, my lessons are built in a way that suits all three types of learners: aural, visual, & kinesthetic. I also want to try to incorporate more virtual learning through online experimentation. 

Sign In to comment