Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned that it is acceptable to provide educational resources, but still expect the students to educate and show competency of learning in class. I will incorporate this model by allowing students to come prepared and have them role play and provide opportunities in which the students can demonstrate/teach their peers on certain concepts.

I have learned that getting buy in from the students is important, and that there may be some resistance to change because the approach is different that the learning that they have come to expect.

The biggest thing that stood out for me is that the perception may be that the instructor is not working hard, when in fact the perception is false. I like the idea of the student preparing beforehand. This makes the student more accountable in their learning.

Having prerecorded lectures sounds great, so the students can review it as many times as needed to understand everything. However, there will be a need to design enough activities in a ways that are effective to complete learning in the classroom.

I like the "lecture at home, homework in class" idea and I think it's a good way to explain it to the students.

I enjoy flipped classrooms. It also prevents some boredom in the classroom.

I like the concept of the flipped classroom. This frees up more time for us to assess what students have learned outside of class and gives us time during class to provide extra help/instruction to those who need it. 

I have utilized flipping the classroom in some of my lecture courses in the past.  Initially, some of the students were reluctant to take ownership of their learning and put the work into pre-assignments/preparation.  They were used to learning in a traditional manner and using precious class time to go over power points, lectures, etc...Once acclimated, the students started to see the benefits of learning at their own pace and having the ability to review materials until they reach cognition.  When they come prepared to discuss what they have read/studied, it opens the class up to more discussion and hands on exercises that reach beyond what a traditional classroom has to offer.  It does take extra work for the instructor to build online materials that match the outcomes, but the increase in student retention, motivation/engagement, and teamwork increases significantly.  I would like to learn more about flipping classrooms and incorporate more of this into my instructional style.  It really does lend itself to more time and learning.

A flipped classroom is how I have been structuring my class for some time; I did not know it had a name. The way I break up lectures, homework, and videos keeps my students active in their learning. I have received very positive feedback on my classroom structure. This structure adapts to multiple learning styles and engages all learning personalities.

This is an instructional strategy that I have been eager to learn about and try to increase student engagement  and accountability in their education.

The term "flipped classroom" Is exactly that, it is an opposite of a traditional in-person classroom. It is a kind of learning experience that focuses on student involvement, as opposed to an instructor-centered teaching. The learning content is delivered via technology as pre-recorded voice or video lectures that students can replay as needed to capture the content fully before attending class to apply the learned content in-person. This concept of flipped classroom allows instructors to be a guide and to facilitate the in-person classroom with hands-on activities. The student also has a chance to teach other peers, which allows for deeper learning and understanding of the content in hand. This information is very helpful for me as I interact with students and giving them a chance to teach others. 

It really helps students to get involved and gives them confidence

Sign In to comment