Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Introdusing myself and having the students introduce them selfs helps make them feel more comfortable. Ice breakers also hel[ with  first day uncertenty.

Be sure to introduce myself and my dental experiences. Learn my students.

I need to have an overall "feel" of the class as soon as possible, or maybe in the couple days from the start. Knowing where the students are at (aptitude, interest, and knowledge base), I am better able to adapt my teaching style and other teaching strategies to harness their inherent abilities

I need to know my students' abilities and base knowledhe so I can adapt my teaching style in order to maximize the learning experience

I like the idea of giving students ideas about how to study. I'm sure that I have assumed they know how to study, but I can see how career changers and maybe students who struggled in other school settings could use some tips. 

Student success doesn't just depend on presentation of material.  It depends on making sure that, from day one, students are comfortable and receptive.  Getting off on the right foot is vital to creating that condition.

being early having each one of them say something about themselves that will help me remember them. I like to know what area of nursing they are considering so can help individualize teaching

Dana Redmond

Inroduce myself by writing my name, course name and number on board. Allow students the same courtesy, and allow them to also talk about their hobbies, or what they enjoy outside of school. Clearly outline the objectives and goals of the course. Offer my knowledge, and expertise on the subject being taught. At the end of each class make sure everyone has a clear understanding of objectives, goals, and allow the autonomy of the students to tell me what I can do different, or better to help make their experience more successful.

In this module, I learned the importance to know your students needs and wants. 

greeting the students and setting the tone for the day while also guaging the tone of the collective to identify what may need to be brought to the class session

Good methods to start the foundation ffor a good student teacher relationship as well as giving a sense of comofitability thorugh the understand of yourself their peers and what will be learned thoughout the course

I learned that it is important for me to greet every student at the door and introduce myself first before starting any cirriculum stuff about the class

Learn the student's names, let the students get to know each other, and make them feel as though they are in a safe learning environment. 

Introductions are very important and it will  help to get to know my students better. So that ity will be a good starting.

You can motivate students by having them imagine themselves in their profession and the changes they may make. 

Have students leave feeling comforatble so that they are confident they can get through the class. HAve students get to know eachther and introduce myself an have them do the same. 

The first day is obviously as important as the last day. I did a lot of note taking.  First impressions can be nearly impossible to reverse or undo, and they often set the tone for the relationship that follows.  I certainly value all that was written in this module.  First days have a new meaning to me now. 

Introducing yourself at class start and having students use a tent name will help in maintaining student names and call or pronaounce them correctly. It will also help other students get to know eachother.

I need to develop a strategy to remember names, and introductions also establish who the instructor is.

It is important to introduce yourself proprrly and ask students to introduce themselves and get to know eachother better. 

Sign In to comment