Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Compliance Audits

Please give me some time manamagemt suggestions on how i can review 100% of the files all of the time without taking up the entire day.

Exit Counseling

We have a terrible show rate of studnets when we try to conduct exit interviews at the school in a group setting. Do you have any ideas on how to drive more studnets to the group exit interview?

Bad Debt

Our University is having a difficult time controlling bad debt expense, how do you suggest we better manage bad debt?

education

i learned a lot from this subject

great

this was very useful, thx

PAYMENT PLANS!

Topic 4-Payment Plans. There are some charts showing how the payments and interest rates are calculated. However, I could not figure out these numbers. What are the formulas and calculation of these example payments? Thanks!

Entrance and Exit Interviews!

Which ways are more effective when doing Entrance and Exit interviews online or one on one with students?

Collecting References!

What are ways to improve information updates more accurate if we received false references?

Default rate!

What is the school's current default rate in the U.S ?

Title IV Credit Balances

After processing a student's R2t4 calculation as well as the student's institutional calculation and the student has a credit balance (federal funds the institution was allowed to keep from the R2t4 calculation exceed the institutional charges for the period), it is legal for a school to reduce the student's loan debt with the credit balance as long as the student has provided authorization to do so?

Compressing the Processing Timeline

We are striving to compress the time between receiving the FAFSA and giving the student the Award Letter. I would like to hear from others' experiences regarding this. What is your average timeline? Are you trying to shorten your processing time? What issues / problems have you encountered?

Assisting borrowers avoid delinquency...

Describe a practice at your institution that assists borrowers avoid delinquency. How effective is this strategy?

Improving Entrance and Exit counseling...

Identify ways in which your current Entrance and Exit counseling procedures can be improved to help with default prevention.

Gathering student information...

Consider why it is beneficial to obtain borrower contact and reference information throughout the student's academic career. Identify steps you can take to improve your information gathering strategies.

Getting admissions and faculty involved...

To what extent do your faculty and admissions offices contribute to your institution's default prevention efforts? Identify steps you can take to increase their involvement.

The use of policies and procedures are the best alternative if there are any problem questions.

Being consistant can prevent any triggers for program reviews.

Discuss the impact that Financial Aid Administrators have on our students impression of education and making the right school chioce.

Outstanding customer service

A student can forgive mistakes, but not bad attitudes.

Outstanding customer service