Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Outstanding customer service

Choose to get to know and to be involved with the student, can make the student's experience as positive as it can be

Elba,

I agree with your assessment. A student who has a positive experience is much more likely to respond to the FA Office when you need to see the student.

I apoligize for my delayed response. I have been experiencing internet issues.

Thanks, Chyrl

Make each and every student feel welcome and important. It will leave a lasting impression on them. They will feel comfortable coming to you to ask questions.

Christa,

It is extremely important to make the students feel welcome and that they are your number 1 priority. If you are able to establish a relationship with the student, it will be easier to collect information from the student or parent. The stronger the relationship between student and Financial Aid Department the greater the success will be for all involved.

Thanks, Chyrl

I belive good customer service is the key to success. It is important that we get to know our students and to understand what they need then it is much easier for them to get anything that we need from them.

Tanya,

I agree with your statement. When I was working at the campus level I spent time getting to know my students, spouses, and partents. It made it easier for them to come to me or my staff for assistance and clarification. It prevented them from getting the Financial Aid knowledge from other students in the Student Lounge. Investing time in the students was one of the best investments I made while processing aid at the institution level.

Your participation in this forum is appreciated.

Chyrl

I agree that building a strong relationship with students and parents is key to sucess.

Afton,

You are right. A strong relationship is important to everyone's success - student, parent, and college campus.

Sincerely,

Chyrl Ayers

I define positive customer service with the phrase "Be Here Now". In other words, when a student is in front of you nothing else matters until that student has been adequately serviced.

Bryan, A financial aid office's main function is to ensure the student's cost of attendance has been resolved so that their only concern is their education. When you say nothing else matters until the student has been adequately serviced is right on the money. Good luck in your continued sucess in financial aid.

Regards,

David McGuffee

Sign In to comment