Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Media Ads

My idea is to have a pilot program that would space media ads from Monday afternoon on a start day and go to Thursday of a start week.

We currently run the Media Ads from Monday to Wednesday. I would pick up the Thursday when we have a start on Monday. This allows the reps. time to meet and greet their students on a start date without having to catch a phone until Orientation has started.

If this proved productive I would consider this plan for the rest of the month.

The theory behind the Monday to Wednesday is that people change their lives on Monday to Wednesday. Is this theory true? What evidence is there to prove this theory.

Hi Arlene

Interesting thought about changing your ad schedule. Suggest measuring results over time. Then you will have some data to support the stategy.

As to when people change their lives, I don't know. Interesting theory to investigate. Intuitively one would think that during the weekend people have time to consider their lives and goals. Then Monday through Wednesday they can put plans into action.

Something else to ask and track.

You're doing a great job.
Susan

I am certain that this idea would work if your institution had classes starting weekly. Our school however starts classes once a month, therefore that type of schedule would not work for us. In theory this would work, because I have read some research on the Mon-Wed. thing and it is recognized that people do make life changing commitments on those days as opposed to other days. Seems that it had something to do with the stresses of Fridays, reflections of those Stresses on Sat and Sun, changes on Mons. Good luck with your new schedule. Hope it all plays out!
Gloria

Gloria
Media ads are one piece of the marketing effort. The size, type, and placement dates all depend on what other marketing strategies you have in place. Interesting that people may make major decisions Mon - Wed. Sort of like a new year once a week. That says to me that admissions reps should be following up all leads on those days.

Susan

I take care of inquiries and have realized over time that one of the main sources on how students hear about the school is through the television. Media has really done well when advertising for our school.

Hi Ailen
That's interesting. Typically tv and radio are the least effective for most schools. What is the quality of the leads that come through tv? How many leads does it take the enroll a student? What you've pointed out is the importance of measuring results. TV sounds like it works for you.
Best wishes
Susan

Sign In to comment