Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

importance of application submission

It is very important to make sure that you include all requested supporting documents for new or existing programs seeking changes.The CSC has a timeline to which all material must be received in order for the application to be processed.

Interest in receiving accurate Career Colleges and Schools Updates

If anyone has found a website or source covering CCS updates, please contact me or post

Resources and Websites That Were/Are Helpful to You in CM204 Admissions Compliance

I hope this question is okay to ask.  If anyone has any advice, resources, books, websites that help in the understaning of Admissions Compliance for Texas, please share if you can. Thank you!

Attendance Standard

Can you clarify the statement for me for our school? If I am reading the highlighted correctly, the (10) day attendance rule no longer applies to students after they have past the point of a refund? Am I right to assume that schools no longer need to drop a student based to attendance after they are past the point of a refund? The last term of our Medical Assistant program has an externship/internship component that extends past the point where a refund is due (generally after the first week of externship has been completed by student). At times we have had student's that need to be… >>>

Texas Admission Requirements by TWC and TDLR?

I am opening my first cosmetology/esthetics/nail tech/massage school and it will be opening in Texas. I am a novice and need some help. I see on here that Admissions must be in the guidelines of the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Career Schools and Colleges. However, I believe I must also do the admission requirements of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). Must I understand the Laws and Rules under both agencies and get myself informed with a attorney? Is there another person who can guide me to make sure I understand each section? Is there certain important documents I… >>>

Director Designee

With smaller schools in mind, does a designee need to register as a representative if they in the absence of a school director, the designee is meeting with presepective students and approving enrollment contracts?

Final Quiz

For the question. " In what instances is an existing school required to submit applications for additional courses of instruction or for course revisions to CSC for approval?  Select all that apply."  The only answer that fits is the one reguarding two substantial complaints regarding programs in the previous year, after reviewing section 807.5 Exemptions or page 9 of the pdf link provided at the top of the quiz, yet I got this counted against me.  Does anyone know why?  Or is this just a known trick question.

Thanks!

Unallowed locations for soliciting

If a representative heard someone at restaraunt or store talking about being recently laid off, could that representative offer their business card to the laid off individual, or would that fall into unallowed?

Attendance Probation and Termination

As a school with program hours greater than 200 hrs, and regular attendance recorded and tracked,students are at risk for attendance probation when they exceed 20% absence of the course scheduled time. QUESTIONS: (1) is that 20 % of the entire course time scheduled for the term or at the point where the student has exceeded 20% absence relative to the completed scheduled time to date? That is...after 5 weeks of classes the calculated absence to scheduled time exceeds 20%...should the student be placed on attendance probation or terminate at that point? (2) Are there "mitigating" circumstances that can be… >>>

AANUAL SURVEY

What happens if some a Director completes the 8 hours of CCST online training but has not received the Certificate of completion and the CEU before an annual Survey?

FMLA(Family Maternity Leave Act) VS LOA

If a student in a non Title IV school insists on taking the FMLA what would be my answer. Is it not a violation of a Federal law If I do not grant the student

Certificate of Approval renewal

How late can a Renewal of Certificate of approval be submitted and is there a penalty for late submission?

Director Designee

Must a Director Designee meet the Standard requirements for a Director

Leave of Absence

A school director may grant an LOA after determining a good cause is shown. Are there limitations determining what an acceptable "good cause" is?

Cohorts

When schools create cohort partnerships, does the cohort partnership be reported to TWC? Other school will be instructing a degree based program forwhich that are approved on our campus (we offer certificate based programs.

Continued education

What are suitable forms of continued education for a school director? For the 6 hours per year.

Notary

Presently, I am the only notary for my school. Is there a conflict if I am both the notary and the School Director on forms?

Represenatives with Background Offenses

Our employer believes in second chances (hiring individuals with criminal backgrounds on case by case basis). Is there CSC rule that defines what a representative can have on their background checks? I.e. Felony conviction.

Books vs. training

When a complaint is made that the instructor did not teach all the information needed (though a majority of the information was covered) but the specific information IS available in the courseware provided with the training, is the school at fault for not teaching all of the required information?

Hours vs progress

When a program is set up based on attendance hours rather than specific points of completion in the curriculum, how does the TWC decide if a student is not progressing fast enough? For example, the student attends well above the required number of attendance hours per week, but does not complete the course curriculum inside of two months (where others have taken two weeks or less) because they don't feel they are comfortable enough with the information to take a certification exam.