Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Continued education

What are suitable forms of continued education for a school director? For the 6 hours per year.

Angela,

Thank you for your question. Some examples of generally acceptable training are: 1) courses offered by MaxKnowledge; 2) breakout sessions at annual conferences such as CCST, APSCU, and accrediting bodies; and 3) customized courses/seminars/workshops that are relevant to career education. In some cases, it is best to contact TWC CSC to see if a particular activity would count toward the 6 hours.

JP Mehlmann

This information is very helpful. Prior to signing up for this course, I was planning to attend an all-day professional development conference for 6 CEUs. However, after reading your comments, I now know to check with TWC prior to registration to ensure the conference content/activities meet the continuing education requirements.

Susan,
Thank you for your comments. TWC staff are willing to help in any regulatory area that you may have questions however; I suggest thoroughly researching the TWC rules and consulting with senior leaders in your institution prior to asking questions that may have a significant impact on your school.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment