Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Workplace Stress Management

Workplace stress can create a very difficult and negative environment to work in. There may be productivity but the level of productivity or the enthusiasm behind the activities may be very negative. I have found that I have to create a balance for myself in adult education. My students and the demands of the job can become overwhelming to the point of thinking about various things on weekends and during vacations. I love education and I don't want to become one of those individuals that dreads their employment. That type of attitude is not productive for the students and they deserve to have the best education possible. What I have done is set up time to break down the day instead of carrying various things the whole day. I take breaks where I remove myself from the institution, complete tasks during the workday so that I can focus on home at night and on weekends. Also, I keep the classroom learning environment fun so that the stress of non-preparation by the students doesn't weigh me down.

Keveka,

Your planning and ability to cope with challenges makes you an achiever. These traits gives you the ability to succeed and be a mentor to others.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I need to stop, breathe, reevaluate, and move on

Sign In to comment