Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

community is key

It is nice to read about how to phrase community service into a learning opportunity. The better you can tie place and people to learning, the better and clearer buy-in you will have from your students. 

great stuff

works well in my community

Teaching with Practical Applications

How does the intern know which facility or organization would make a good fit?  What are the goals and outcomes expected?

Teaching with practical applications

Initiate conversation

Teaching with practical applications

Students can teach in turn

Evaluation at Internship Sites | Origin: ED207

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Outside the Classroom: Experiential Learning --> Evaluation at Internship Sites

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Student Supervision | Origin: ED207

Outside the Classroom: Experiential Learning --> Student Supervision

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Creating Useful Forms and Processes | Origin: ED207

Outside the Classroom: Experiential Learning --> Creating Useful Forms and Processes

Educating the Internship Site | Origin: ED207

Outside the Classroom: Experiential Learning --> Educating the Internship Site

Extending the Curriculum | Origin: ED207

Outside the Classroom: Experiential Learning --> Extending the Curriculum

Service Learning Outcomes | Origin: ED121

Creating Service Learning Opportunities for Students --> Serivce Learning Outcomes

Evaluating Student Progress | Origin: ED121

Creating Service Learning Opportunities for Students --> Evaluating Student Progress

Understanding Service Learning | Origin: ED121

Creating Service Learning Opportunities for Students --> Understanding Service Learning

Introduction to Service Learning | Origin: ED121

Creating Service Learning Opportunities for Students --> Introduction to Service Learning

Site for healthcare students

What are potential sites for students in the healthcare industry?

Beauty Needs

How can we provide service learning in the Cosmetology Programs?

Faculty Commitment

Faculty need to be on board if service learning is going to be imlemented in the college. They are the critical connection between the college  and the students.

Making learning fun!

As a clinical instructor, I want to make learning fun.  I don't want the students to hate clinicals because they fear the unknown.  I want to make clinicals a fun and learning experience, and hopefully I will leave a positive impact on their lives.

Learning by teaching others

Hello All, 

The one thing I like to do in my classes is bring something I may not know a lot about and teach it to the class, when I do this it helps me learn more about what the topic was.   I enjoy learning this way, hands on for me it the best.

Benefits of Field Experience

Field Experience can build and expand on the conceptual, technical and practical experiences provided in the traditionalclassroom and provide insight into the expectations of the profession.  Interships can benefit students, institutions and employers both during and following the internship.