Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Implementation | Origin: EC111

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Learning Through Student Based Enterprises --> Implementation

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned that your classroom should mimic a business or workplace you are wanting. Make it fit the needs of your classroom and school-based enterprise. I can apply information from this module by holding students accountable just like the real workplace setting. By enforcing expectations such as good communication, professionalism and teamwork. Along with that, having evaluations with students and procedures for certain things can help make a school-based enterprise successful. 

The information I learned in this module was helpful. The ethical dilemma idea of stagging a student 'stealing' from the store and seeing how your students report it and deal with the conflict is very interesting. I often feel in the high school setting that unethical actions are so normalized that it is an interesting way to 'test' the students. I also loved hearing the emphasis of how important soft skills are. 

Sign In to comment