Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Sustainability | Origin: EC111

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Learning Through Student Based Enterprises --> Sustainability

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Advisory councils made up of community members and other stakeholders are key to making connections with others and for collaborating on SBE programs. The learning from this module can be applied in various ways. One ways is adjusting to change and be adaptable to that to better SBE programs in a school. Change is bound to happen. Another way is working on building partnerships with key stakeholders. Lastly, this information can be applied to core classes in schools. Encouraging core teachers (math for example) to partner with construction or culinary classes to help students understand the "why" behind certain math skills that they can use in real world. 

I learned more about the importance of advisory councils. I know they are very helpful but it is something I struggled with early in my career. Another thing I learned was the different ways for multiple CTE programs to collaborate. I also really liked the idea of having the SBE students present to the school board as I see many different benefits in that idea. 

Sign In to comment