Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Ongoing Training

I firmly believe that ongoing training is critical, no matter what your career field. Especially in this day and age of computer technology, social media, and hand-held devices like smartphones that allow us to access information instantaneously. As technology evolves, so do we--in every sense--mentally, perhaps spiritually, physically--and as we evolve as individuals, as a society, as a world, our career fields evolve and change as well. Therefore, in order to stay up-to-date and compliant with regulations, it's crucial that we take the time to learn the new rules and regs, procedures, and other components that help us stay present… >>>

Training

Currently i am a new member of the delta team. This is currently my 5th week on the job and i am still continously learning rules, regulations, and procedures. This training gave me a better understanding of numerous topics in which i was still unclear about. I feel on this job you are always going to be continously learning new information and you must always be following procedures the correct way. Compliance is a very important factor to follow so you always want to make sure you are up to date and clear on every area you may have a… >>>

Compliance

Very good course.  Everyone that works at the secondary-education level needs to know this information.

New rules

Om my goodness, with all these new regs etc. how is one to keep up with all the constant changes, how frustrating

Training...use it, don't lose it

I feel that the training received in the modules are exactly what we have been taught to do numerous times.  The difference though is that they did provide more in-depth knowledge of how to maximize performance.  I felt as though the modules applied directly to what I do everyday and that helps to become better.  Finding exact documents and where certain rules and regulations are at was also helpful so we can see the compliance documents at first-hand. 

Compliance

I also agree that compliance is very important in every aspect.  Without compliance there would be no sense of rules and regulations to go by and that helps to make things run smoother

Importance of the trainning

I am the Academic Dean of the institution for which I work. With the training I have taken I learned very important topics and update other matters that already had forgotten. I believe that protect applicants to choose their careers  is not just a legal obligation protected by the State of florida, but it is also a moral responsibility of  the people responsible for the admission to give a clear and accurate information. The  more important decision  a person  life is how to decide with property and good advice about program that can provide a future quiet and safe for the and his family.

Drug and Alcohol abuse prevention

If a student is accused of abussing drugs, and they are asked to give a drug test and refuse it could that be seen as discrimination?

Background checks

When a schools request a background check what can prevent them from getting accepted.

Experience and Qualifications

In any type of teaching department, if they are not fully experienced can they still qualify?

Unaccredited Schools

When students apply to a unaccredited school and were given false information about the school will it affect the students finacial aid, or any of their grants?

Admissions Bonus-Loophole?

What is the loophole to providing bonuses to admissions in regards to how many students they enroll? This practice is prohibited but I know of several colleges that do this, so I am wondering as to the loophole it falls under.

Student Testimonials

What could be the areas of abuse that could take place in having student testimonials? A school can't have that as a requirement to graduate so what is another area that can be abused since I am assuming only satisfied students would do a testimonial.

Program Inducements

If classes are limited to 25 students, is it still not ok to tell prospects that they need to register in order to make sure that they make it into that class? What if they already have 20 spots filled and can only fit 5 more students?

Do Not Call List-Politiacal/Non-Profit Exemptions

Does anyone know why political or non-profit organizations are exempted from the Do Not Call registries?

Job Placement, a touchy subject

I think this is one of the most important topic to learn. I love this school because it sends a message of how we show potential students our documentations and not tell them.

CM 201

In our roles as Admission Representative it is of utmost importance to have an open mind,and continues learning mentality.  Each and every day we are to increase our knowledge base to assist our student to the best of our abilities without loosing focus on our individual ethics and integrity. This training increased my awareness of  the Commission for Independent Education, and the importance of our roles for the success of students, and our institution. 

Student Access to Course Materials

Program Integrity requires that Pell eligible students have access to course materials and books in a timely manner. How does your organization handle distribution of student materials?

Ethical Practices

Discuss three common ethical practices that are most important to you and why.

Safe Harbors

In your opinion, what impact will the removal of the twelve safe harbors have on an institution?