Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Admission Staff Training Post

Thus far, this training has provided guidance on proper procedures. I found the most used out of the terms definitions. 

Admissions Staff Training Program

What I have learnt is just how important learning and taking the training program is before actually doing the job so that way I can know how to effectively do my job within the guidelines.

Legal Obligation s & Opportunities

My discussion relates to one of the quiz questions  under "Legal Obligations and Opportunities."

For the student who has Asperger's syndrome, there was no information about whether reasonable accommodations were provided to him. A decision was to be made based solely on the information provided.

I know that students with liabilities in higher learning institutions should be held accountable for their actions/ violations. However, I keep asking myself, if reasonable accommodation(s) was provided for the student.

Am I overthinking this?

I am not disputing the correct answer on the quiz because it seemed more logical than the other choices.

Any… >>>

BASE ON THE INFORMATION ON SARA DO WE NEED TO REPORT IF WE HAVE A PROFESOR FROM OTHER STATE?

We are located in Puerto Rico and Florida. What happen if in the future we hire professor form others state? 

So Far, I Have Learned . . .

So far, I have learned the importance of using the correct terms in the admissions process. My participation within the institution as an admissions representative and how I am perceived in this position. The statutes governing Florida, the purpose, and the commission for independent education. 

Effective Commercial Email

What makes a commercial email effective?

Admission decision

Is important to share with the prospects the correct information before they were admitted, this help in their development during study.

informing rather than persuading

It's important when interacting with students that we are thoroughly knowledgeable about what we are discussing.  If we aren't, get someone who is, and learn from the discussion.  We also should limit our speech to informative, and not try to persuade the student as this might be misconstrued.  

Compliance and regulations

Without understanding these two main elements, I think an institution will not be able to function. 

FERPA

I don't see the rationale behind a parent being denied access to his or her college student's school records after age 18 without permission from the student. Doesn't this amount to responsibility without rights?

Compliance

Do you consider that the compliance system can distort the educational purposes of higher education institution?

Admissions Staff Training Program

I liked the organizational tips provided for an Admissions Representative. 

FERPA

This is extremely important in education.  Students knowing you will not violate their rights know they can trust you.

disclosure

I had not realized that a disclosure was a written document.  I also did not realize the difference between the state level and federal level.  This was most enlightening.

Topic Training

Training as a Admission Director require good training. 

Discussion

In this module I learned that all schools are different, and every school does not have the same type of student services. When you are looking for a school it's very important that you aware of what your protentional school has to offer because some schools offer services that other schools may not. 

Discussion

In this module I learned the importance of organization and how it's very important to properly organize the student's files and agreements. It's also good to read the institution catalog and familiarize myself with it. 

Discussion about module

In this module I learn about the importance of a few topics. Mantaining a updated resource book, working in an accredited institution, knowiing the transfer credits policies. Finally the questions I can ask to gain more info about the institution. 

Discussion of module

I learn that the best way to know more information and give a correct orientation is networking with other staff members and directors. Not only networking, also you can read the catalog, sit on classes and ask about students offers in the institution. 

Discussion of module

In this module I understand that is important to have knowledge about you institution requirements before call your prospective student. To be prepared before an orientation is important to have a check list.