Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Training...use it, don't lose it

I feel that the training received in the modules are exactly what we have been taught to do numerous times.  The difference though is that they did provide more in-depth knowledge of how to maximize performance.  I felt as though the modules applied directly to what I do everyday and that helps to become better.  Finding exact documents and where certain rules and regulations are at was also helpful so we can see the compliance documents at first-hand. 

I agree its just more reinforcement for me.  We are a small school family owned and run, so compliance and doing things correctly is a big issue for us.  We're all anal here.  I was just making a commment earlier on a blog that if people did things correctly by using common sense then we wouldn't need the Government telling us what to do, but the problem is we have Wolves that love to take advantage of the weak, so I love being able to be one to say no this is the way you have to run things if you don't like it take it up with the State Board.

Mike,

i agree with this module being more in-depth then the other modules i took previously. This module gave me much more perspective in compliance areas then i knew previously.

this moduel provided not only more information on complaince areas than i knew previously, it also help to elaborate on the areas that I already felt compfrotable with.

I strongly agree. it helped me understand and clarify a lot of compliance regulations!

It’s more reinforcement to me in the financial aid. The training and modules need more regulation and standards in the academic areas.

As a member of our school's academic team I was disappointed that their wasn't more information that directly related to the education department.  I am however very excited that I was able to see more of what was involved at the enrollment part of our student's journey into college.

With the modules I feel I gained a better understanding of the enrollment process. I wasn't aware of all the regulations and rules to follow. As an instructor I appreciate the extra knowledge, however I would like to have seen more of what the instructors role could be with all of this.

I agree with Melissa, I am going to be a new instructor and it would be nice to know how my role as an instructor relates to all these rules and regulations.  I am coming to the post-secondary technical/business education environment after spending many years working in a University as an academic adviser.  We were also required to abide by the roles and regulations as learned and I was familiar with a few of them (especially FERPA).  FERPA was huge in my role as an adviser and knowing what could be discussed without student permission, etc.  It was somewhat informative to learn about the restrictions placed on admissions and financial aid requirements.  I was very pleased to see that institutions are looking out for the best interests of the student and that incentives and compensations are not paid based on enrollment totals.  Coming from an advising background it is so important to set realistic expectations for students so that they can be successful so from an admissions perspective you need to walk that fine line between making sure students are prepared and matched with a major/career that will best meet their strengths and not be discouraging.

I also was a bit disappointed that there was not more information for the faculty member in the classroom- it basically dealth with admissions and finance with only a smattering of information which a faculty member could use-  the information , tho, did help my understanding of compliance in the recruitment process.  I think that some of the material was very technical and needed more time to learn- like in a classroom setting in a group.

Hello everyone, I would have to say that the training I received through Maxknowledge was a major re-enforcement to the training I have received at my school where I am in the management department. the training also enlighten me on enrollment/admissions, especially keeping it simple just by highlighting the do's and don't that a company or school operating  in a capacity that would require them to meet certain standards and criteria that could help or hurt them from becoming accredited and/or re-accredited for necessary funding needed to operate effectively. 

I truly enjoy these classes.  I have now completed 3 of them and I look forward to the next one.  I have learned many techniques that are making me better at what I do.  I like to think that I can make a difference in people's lives, so I will continue to strive to be better.  I have been able to immediately try the techniques and actually see results from them.  That excites me.  So far, EDU104 has made an incredible difference and i have implemented probably 85-90% of what I have learned in it in my classroom.  I have also been able to utilized these techniques as a program supervisor, so you can expand these techniques to work outside of the classroom environment.  I am very thankful to my employers to making these courses available to me and my staff.  Because we all do them together, we are all on the same page and makes us a better team for the students sake.

I agree. This module helped me understand compliance much more. I learned a lot.

I also agree that this module helped clarify some things regarding compliance.  I do try to make sure that each person is treated the same with the same information and respect given regardless of any outside factors which makes it easier to remain compliant.

I thought this traingin was very clear and informative.  Most of the information I had already learned at my company through various traingins but it never hurts to refresh the brain. 

Training is very important because it ensures that we provide prospective students with clear and accurate information.  Training also provides regulatory information, best practices to stay in compliance, and methods to learn about our specific school policies, procedures, programs and services. 

I feel that the training received in the modules are exactly what we have been taught to do numerous times.  The difference though is that they did provide more in-depth knowledge of how to maximize performance.  I felt as though the modules applied directly to what I do everyday and that helps to become better.  Finding exact documents and where certain rules and regulations are at was also helpful so we can see the compliance documents at first-hand

Sign In to comment