Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Importance of the trainning

I am the Academic Dean of the institution for which I work. With the training I have taken I learned very important topics and update other matters that already had forgotten. I believe that protect applicants to choose their careers  is not just a legal obligation protected by the State of florida, but it is also a moral responsibility of  the people responsible for the admission to give a clear and accurate information. The  more important decision  a person  life is how to decide with property and good advice about program that can provide a future quiet and safe for the and his family.

Compliance is something that must be adhered to.  Students must make the correct choice for themselves, and we need to make sure that they have the information they need to make those decisions.

As an Admissions Professional for the past 8 years, having tools like this proves to be very valuable.  With ever changing regulations, this helps Admissions personnel to stay abreast of industry changes and to remain compliant.  I have found this tool to be insightful as as well as helpful in understanding the presented information and to be able to readily convey it to my Admissions team.  I look forward to new updates in the future!!!

I think training is important if nothing else then to keep you mindful of the basics and keep you from being lazy with your students. I found this training very helpful reminding of things that I had forgotten in my time away from the industry.

I believe training is very important for new hires and everyone to be on the same page together. I think that this
training was very detailed and it helped me understand the do's and don’ts of
the business. More importantly when you go through training like this it will
bring you back to the basics. This will also remind us why we are in the
education industry. Doing what’s best for the student each and every day is
very important. Doing it with integrity is also important to me.

It is important to stay on top of changes within our industry and training for both new & current empoyees is extremely important. To ensure we are in compliance, training/review sessions are a  must. It helps us do our job with great satisifaction knowing we are properly representing our school.

Having never worked in an education environment before, I really had no idea how important full disclosure is to potential students. 

I understand that Compliance is very important and it is something that must be adhered to.  Students as well as administrators have roles and responsibilities that should be understood in order to ensure the proper experience for the student and the best outcomes all around.

@Mister007 : I AM READING THE ENTRIES AND I SEE SOME PERTAINING TO TRAINING AND OTHERS PERTAINING TO COMPLIANCE.  AS WE ALL KNOW EVERYTHING IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY, HENCE, WHY VARIOUS CAREERS ARE OFFERED IN THE CAPACITY THAT THEY ARE NOW.  SURE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE IN THEIR TRAINING, HOWEVER, WE AS INSTRUCTORS KNOW, IF THE STUDENTS WAS NOT A STUDIOUS STUDENT WHEN THEY ATTENDED SCHOOL YEARS AND YEARS AGO...THERE IS A FIFTY-FIFTY SHOT, THE MEDICAL FIELD OR ANY OTHER "ATTENTION TO DETAIL" CAREER(S), IS PERHAPS GOING TO BE AN OPTION FOR THEM.  I AM NOT SAYING IT CANNOT BE DONE WITH TIME, AND HARD WORK.  I AM FRUSTRATED BY THE FACT NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT THAT CERTAIN STUDENTS MIGHT NOT BE READY TO HANDLE THE STRESS AND ANXIETY OF HOMEWORK, STUDY TIME, ESSAY PAPERS, TEST AND HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITY(IES).  ESPECIALLY WHEN THESES THING ARE DONE DAILY WITHIN A MEDICAL CLASS ROOM ENVIROMENT.  THEIR ARE NOT TUTORS SPECIFICALLY FOR EACH PROGRAM TO ASSIST THE STUDENT IN THEIR ACADEMICS AND SKILL SET.  SO TO ME, SOMETIMES I BELIEVE AS A HIGHER LEARNING INSTITUTION,WE ARE PERHAPS SETTING THE FUTURE STUDENT OF VARIOUS PROGRAMS "UP FOR FAILURE"!

@gehernandez : I agree with you. This training bring you back to basics, allowing you to be better prepare to serve students and work for their best ineterst.

@kburr : I agree as well. The training course helps you on so many different levels. It masters your skill set, so you can better teach, motivate and prepare student for their promising future

I think it not only brings things back to the basics but can be used as a great review. It reminds/reinforces all departments within the institution of their responsibilities and helps other departments to gain a better understanding of the rules and regulations as it relates outside their everyday space.

One of the benefits of continuing education is that it helps you feel much more comfortable on the job.  Having a thorough understanding of fules and regulations actually free's you up in the interview process!

Sign In to comment