Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Availability of Training for Regulatory Laws and Rules

How often does your institution provide training for State Regulatory Laws and Rules

Staying up to date

Things may constantly change and that is why we must always update our notebooks.

Advertising our school

It is important that we do advertise our school and adhere to the rules and regulations in doing so.

Tuition information

Tuition information is of great value to the student and making the final decision. Don't you think?

Working for Fortis

Working for Fortis is always a great time. This text is a great way to learn about our jobs.

Enrollment Agreement - It's more Than a Signature

Enrollment agreements are an opportunity to explain the expectations of the school in regards to policies and procedures. The enrollment agreement, both front and back, should be briefly touched on so the student is aware of the importance of reading and understanding the information.

Retention of Students

Retention of students is as important as enrolling them. To be a successful admissions rep. one needs to act in the best interest of the student, not in the best interest of the admissions rep. The programs, policies and procedures of the school need to be verbalized so the prospective student has an understanding of what is required to be a student in good standing.

Introduction

Hi I am Antonio, I am an Admissions Officer for Strayer University Fairview Park campus. I have served in 3 Armed Servies Marines, Army and USCG. I love the admissions officer position because of the helping I can do for students.
O
O

Staying up to date and compliant

It is very important to stay current on policies and procedures, so that you can better represent your college.
O
O

Understanding your institution

It is important to understand the institution that you are selling to prospective students.
O
O

Admissions and paperwork

It is very important to follow the rules and guidelines for every part of enrollment.
O
O

The benefits of being an agent.

There many benefits in being an agent. You learn the ends and outs of educational policy and procedures, while helping people get a better education.

Resources

What resources have you found valuable to your students? Does anyone have any specific websites or additional references outside those listed in the training they use to assist their students?

Resource Notebool

I really found the idea of having the resource notebook being very helpful to new and senior admission reps so that they can stay up to date on policies and procedures. It is also a great resource of organizing all of the rules and regulations of the school.

How long should cancellations be kept on file?

Does the state have any regulations regarding how long cancellations should be kept on file? The student's folder does include the enrollment agreement.

RE: 1st quiz a couple of questions use the term "probation"

In going over the material several times after the quiz I never saw anything stating an agent could be put on "probation" for a violation of the rules, but it does say "Suspend, revoke, deny, or cancel: an agent's license pursuant to 3332.12 of Revised Code. Under what section is the term "probation" used in this module?

Prospective Students

Your voice can make or break your relationshop with your students. Repeat what they say. Always keep them movtivated. If you are in a hurry, you can hear it. They have just made one of the most important decisions of their life. Keep that in the forefront. Anyone out there have any suggestions that could help?

Training Opportunities for Re-enters

At this point, we have no training for re-enters and it would be helpful if we hae yearly updates.

Keeping a copy of important papers

I make a copy of the reference sheet and admissions sheet, so I have people that I can call just in case their phone is out of minutes. I also try to text.

Texting

In our area, we have students who have multiple telephone numbers. Even if they run out of phone minutes, the can text. I get more results texting than calling. In some cases, they call back because they do not know who did the texting.