Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Customer service is present in all fields where you are in contact with people. Dealing with people and having a pleasant attitude to help and encourage people to go after their dreams is great.

I am glad to have reviewed this section and reminded of the edupreneurship spirit. Some times we don't want students to see the school as a business but it is important to remind them of our expectations and how they will also be held accountable as well. Having clear expectations with encouragement will help them succeed more. Involving their families when they come visit the school and having student appreciation events will encourage them to want to do better. Placing constant motivational banners and posted around the school can help them. I have seen students walking towards the restroom and reading the motivational phrases out loud and sharing it with others. That's when I know we are making a difference. 

Its important to teach how you learn...understanding is so important. 

I have learned that having an EduPreneurial Spirit means I believe I am part educator and part entrepreneur at the same time. Therefore we all work together for the organization but also for the student at the same time. Not only do we want our students to succeed and earn their degree but over time our business will continue to prosper in ways that go beyond the basics of our individual role. If a student feels they are mentored and cared for they are more likely to graduate. This will increase graduation rates for the business and ensure that the school does not fall below minimum levels and suffer from adverse effects such as the loss of accreditation. Additionally, students who have a positive learning experience will bring in more students ("customers") to the University through word of mouth and sharing of their experiences. I plan to consider my role in Student Success as both a an effort to help students succeed in their studies and journey but also as having an end goal of increasing graduation rates and potentially having a positive impact on enrollment numbers over time.

It's very important to help students to create a vison because this can keep them motivated which is why it's important to know about their background, you can use that as a reminder every time they feel like giving up.

With my knowledge after the training. My goals is to put some auditing mechanisms and new methodologists systems in place that will help students understanding the importance of the college catalogs.

Comment on Sandra Byrnes's post

Helping the students envision their future and showing them the exciting possibilities is a rewarding part of being an educator! 

Students come into education already having their own HABES and it is important in keeping this in mind when assessing their barriers and helping them find solutions.

Schools are like businesses, and everyone working there should be part teacher, part business-minded. Treating students well, similar to customers, leads to success. Students need clear goals, and everyone in the school should assist them. Our habits, attitudes, beliefs, and expectations affect success, so it's crucial to understand and change them. Blind spots, things we may not see, can limit us, so it's important to identify and address them for ourselves, coworkers, and students.

Edupreneurial was a new term for me but I love that. It is easy to forget this. The more we treat the customer with care and compassion while holding them accountable, the more successful the student will be. Better retention = profit to company.

"A customer-oriented philosophy and Attitude must be embraced by the entire administration, staff and faculty."

Being more positive. 

Creating a vision and encouraging them to look at options and help either academic, financial, etc, can help students achieve 

Relating to students by discussing goals, experiences, etc. can encourage struggling students to gain perspective

Students can be a reflection of their instructor.

You need to show students that you genuinely care 

learning the students why will help you guide them. 

Creating a vision with the student will encourage them and give them hope for what's to come in the future.

I look at it from a sport aspect.  For example, the by product of any team is to win not the goal.  We need to reach our goals of how we work and meeting those expectations, if we meet those expectations, we will be able to have a buy product of winning.

Sign In to comment