Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In order to assure that student expectations are being met, this institution delineates what the students expect and then assess whether or not these expectations are met. Students expect for the school to maintain accredidation. They expect to have a qualified, knowledgeable instructor who begins and ends class in a timely manner, who challenges the student and makes them feel like they're "getting their money's worth", who makes him/herself available. Also, the student expects for their school to be one of integrity. Our institution hires qualified, professional staff with credentials, we maintain our accrediations, we require faculty members to continue to grow through continuing educations programs, and we offer seminars in a variety of subjects that covers everything from interpersonal skills to interviews skills to help students be well-rounded individuals who are capable of acquiring a career upon graduation.

Do you find that the forms are standard and the questions are not always relevant? Would it not be more effective to have open ended questions that allow students to share specific concerns that are relevant to them?

Ricardo Richards

Our institution provides faculty evaluations and surveys to assure that student expectations are being met and that they are satisfied. However, they are standard forms that are not always relevant. Would it not be more effective to have open ended questions that allow students to share specific concerns that are relevant to them?

We do student surveys periodically. Also we have a Student Services Department. They constantly encourage all faculty to report changes in student behavior, or attendance a.s.a.p. Intervention early is one key to retention.

My institution makes a daily effort to contact the student whether they show up for class or not.

At the end of class students are given a survey to take which is confidential. It is them immediately reviewed by all parties involved as well the program chair. Also the Program Chair goes in the classroom once a month and does a stop and talk dicussion with students where she gets feedback on areas that may need improvement and areas that seem to be working fine.

I am fairly new to my school. I have been in training for the last two weeks. From what I have experienced so far, everything done is with the student's best interest in mind. This includes help in finding transportation, child care,etc. The absolutely best, well trained instructors, great atmosphere, excellent equipment and products available. If a student is having trouble, it appears the powers that be find the true reason for their struggle. I am completely in awe of what I am seeing thus far.

Our programs are delivered through distance education therefore it is imperative that we are in constant contact with out students. The instructor is responsible for not only tutorial assistance but to make a progress call to each student weekly to ensure they are not having any difficulties with the curriculum.
Our student services representatives contact all students on a weekly basis to ensure they are receiving impeccable customer service and to address any concerns the student maybe encountering.

My institution uses student surveys to evaluate expectations and student satisfaction as well. I believe this could be more effective and helpful if they would require the students to participate in the surveys. Currently, participation in the surveys is voluntary.

What my institution do to assure that students expectations are being met and that they are satisfied is:

First of all, the institution put forth an effort to hire the best qualified students in the subject matters in which they will be teaching. Secondly, all faculty are aware of the regulations, and guidelines of the institution. One major guideline is that all faculty follow the course syllabus set by corporate, in order to assure that the students receive the maximum knowledge, training, and experience from the course. Thirdly, students are required to evaluate the course, instructor, as well books and other materials each quarter. All are reviewed by the Academic Dept. and if there are questions/concerns regarding the instructor, boooks, etc., the DOE will schedule an appointment with the instructor and may be even the student; if necessary to resolve all student concerns. In addition, I myself personally have my students to evaluate me and the course taught in an effort to see where I need to make improvements. I think that your students are your best critics.

Same here. At the end of the quarter students are given the opportunity to evaluate the instructor and the entire classroom learning experience.

Our institution has a student services department consisting of two persons who excel at making students feel at home, and connecting them with services designed to ease the students' concerns. These student services reps also help hold students accountable for showing up at tutoring, health appoinments, etc. They help sort through student problems, but stop short of taking on the whole burden of student success.

As instructors, we are getting feedback from students as to their expectations for the course and if they are being met on a weekly basis. This truely helps me as an instructor and the students appreciate the time and effort. I want to be sure that they understand and get a good foundation all along the way to their success.

There are instructor evaluations at the end of every class, however if the learner or instructor is having a bad day then the evaluation is not that effective.

There are instructor evaluations at the end of every class

After several changes to our staff, specifically those involved with this task, we have spread more of this responsibility to the faculty. Although we have student surveys, career services, and exit interviews to address this, we as the 'front line' have to understand this aspect of the motivation of the students for them to succeed.

New students has a survey in two weeks,and it the end of a couse the students can rate the instructors. I ask by week what a student think and how can I help them

Student surveys and Attrtion are two ways my school assures Expectatrions are being met

Sounds like your institution has two very valuable employees. How do students get connected with them?

Loren Kroh

Feedback on a weekly basis? How does that work?

Loren Kroh

Sign In to comment