Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Substantial Misrepresentation | Origin: CM107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Compliance Training for Faculty Positions: Sustaining the Culture --> Substantial Misrepresentation

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Accurate information must be conveyed to the student.

I've learned that accurately and factually representing any and all information to the students will avoid any misrepresentation.

I learned that it is important for all employees to understand the information in the school's catalog.  Students should always be given clear direction in writing.  All information provided to students should be factual.

Substantial Misrepresentation can happen even if not intentional, we must be careful how we say things.

As an admission professional it's good to be reminded that...Misrepresentation can be considered substantial if the recipient could reasonably be expected to rely on its accuracy in making an enrollment decision. However, note that substantial misrepresentation can occur not just during the enrollment process, but in many areas including the academic realm. 

We must be very informed and dilligent in our compliance efforts

It is important to direct a potential student to the correct resource person to avoid substantial misrepresentaiton

Its important to do our due diligence when speaking to anyone. No matter how little the detail. Remember "if it doesn't sound right, then is probably isn't." 

Substantial Misrepresentation can have negative consequences on the student and the school itself.  Students failure as a result of substantial misrepresentative will definately effect the school.

I am aware of using any kind of statistics when talking to a subdent uness I have the actual facts.  Using inaccurate information and a student uses this information to make an important decision about his education - is against regulations from the Department of Education.

This has been a good reminder to answer student questions about credit transfer or program certifications with the same exact phrasing every time to avoid unintentional misrepresentations.

continue to speak the facts to our students

I have learned much in this course and feel confident that I will answer questions without missrepresenting our school or other outside facilities. I know this can happen accidentely but I will have much thought in answering or discussion with students or anyone else to ensure proper etiquette and regulations.

I've learned that it is not always what you say because we are all entitled to an opinion, however how you say it and what you mean can make a substantial difference in positive representation and misrepresentation that can have negative outcomes and consequences. Always be truthful and factual with our students.

As professionals it is 'our' job to educated, knowledgeable, up-to-date, aware of all represetative facts about our school, programs and job duties with all departments working together to ensure we are clearly communicating facts that can be substantiated to the public, prospects and students at all times. 

It is important to know the content of the school's catelog and be factual when promoting the school.  Using accurate information helps the student to make an informed decision to attend a respective school.  

Reply to Jeanell Sikes's post:

You are very right as misrepresentation can havw bad co sequences

Regards

Javaid 

Educate and follow the school's catelog.

In my experience,  students succeed where they feel the most welcome.  Establishing the trust is important.  Transperency is also vital for students may apply to schools based upon their peers' opinion. I encourage students to  research various institutuions and find the one that's the best fit (financially,  curriculum delivery, location, times, accessibility, etc. ) 

Sign In to comment