Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To oversee the quality of schools, a governing board is needed so all comply to the same standards.

The Triad is in place to ensure the student is given the education and placement that the school offered. 

This topic has been pretty fascinating for me. For one, I am a nurse, so I understand the role of the State Board of Nursing, but I never quite understood the role of the accrediting bodies nor why they were important. Understanding that these accrediting bodies help ensure that students are getting the best education possible is a great benefit for schools. I didn't realize that schools aren't required to be accredited. Interesting information. 

Reply to Barbara Martin-Goldsand's post:

I have been an instructor for many years and was not familiar with the 

Regulatory Triad. This portion of the course was very informative and I

will apply this information. I was familiar with Title IV but the other was

new to me so appreciate learning this.

Before students can enroll in a program, the school has to meet minimum requirements for academic standards by a regional or national accrediting agency (recornized by the Department of Education), and by a state governing agency if licensure or certification is required prior to graduates practicing in their field. If federal loans are going to be used as part of student loans, these schools must also be Title-IV eligible.

I have learned about yjr Triad regulators and the structure it brings to our school. 

I did not realize that states are required to license and oversee distance ed schools (if it is being offered to residents of that state) and even if the school is located out of state.  

The hree levels that operating schools have to follow and maintain.  The break down of each. 

I learned about the Triad Regulations. I actually am very pleased to see how they work together for the quality of the educational provider.

Regional accreditation focuses more broadly on the institution's mission and effectiveness whereas national accreditation delves deeper into measurable outcomes (such as student attrition rates, etc).

I learned how important it is to understand and to be able to comminicate to students why regulatory insight is so imperative to quality education and to their experience with the school's program.

I actually worked on the accreditation team at my middle school. My assistant principal of curriculum at the time knew I had wanted some leadership opportunities so she put me in a group that ensured our school was meeting specific standards and indicators and we came up with evidence of this. As a title I school that relies on federal funding, we needed the accreditation to come through!

Reply to Jeanell Sikes's post:

A student with a baccalaureate or professional degree is ineligible even if the degree is from an unaccredited school or is not recognized by your school. A student with a baccalaureate or professional degree from a foreign school usually isn’t eligible for a Pell Grant. 

In this module I learned about he Triad of Regulations and the importance of each one of these regulations.  You must be in compliancy with these regulations to have a school that is reputable and is in good standing.  

I see that students really like accreditation but there are several steps a person must follow to receive accreditation and it's not an easy route, but it's the most fulfilling one. 

The Triad of regulators work together to ensure certain protections for students. 

I learned about the Triad – the US Department of Education, the institutional and programmatic accreditors, and the state regulatory boards and agencies – together help ensure quality outcomes.  

I learned about the importance of the Triad of Regulators for accreditation for the college I work for. 

This module has reiterated the personal implications of regulatory oversight as an employee and the importance of adhering to our school's standards and being familiar with required disclosures. By embracing regulatory oversight, I contribute to a culture of compliance and provide students with the information they need for informed decision-making.

Title IV schools, in short, must have placement capabilities in place.

Sign In to comment