Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I thought it was interesting that a school does not have to be accrediated, however the benefits of doing so are so impactful that it should just be required.  it would help prospective students not be taken advantage of by certain schools.  It's good the Triad exists to have some oversight.

Did not know about the variation of programmatic accreditation known as qualitative differentiation.

The Traid was put into place to ensure proper outcomes and to hold post secondary schools with title four funding accountable.

I have learned about the importance of the Triad of Regulation. We need this to help insure our student's success. 

I've learned the process required to operate and oversee the educational standards and the compliance process to operate an educational institution. I now understand the different roles and intities involved in order to exsist.

I have learned the legal operation of a school falls under state control. In addition, many professions require that graduates attend an accredited program. Accreditation and state approval are both requirements for receiving Title IV funding administered by the Department of Education which includes some of the following:

1 minimum graduation and employment outcomes

2 graduation and job placement disclosures

3 satisfactory academic progress

4 tuition refunds

5 school marketing and advertising activities

6 faculty credentials

7 approval of distance education

8 enrollment requirements

9 complaint procedures

10 maintenance of school records

I will emplement and ancourage my students to engage ingetting all certifications as soon as they are eligible.

I have learned the state board provides authorization for a school to operate.
For the US Department of Education to approve federal financial aid for the school’s students, the institution must be Title IV eligible.
Title IV schools must be accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Department.
For a school to be accredited by a national institutional accrediting body, it must meet certain benchmarks in its student completion and graduate in-field placement rates.
However, for graduates to be successfully hired or “placed in field” in certain programs, they must hold the appropriate certification or license. Therefore, the school must also attain the requisite program accreditation.

My main take away points were: The Triad of Regulations, Title IV funding, state accreditation for licensure or certification. 

"With all thy getting....get understanding. We can not be transparent without it. And without transparency there can be no trust."

Being accrdited is difficult but yet rewarding.

Learning about the Triag of Regulations was very interesting and good to know about their oversite and how it affect Title IV funding. This oversite is beneficial for student success.

I learned that there is a "regulatory triad" that is involved in the process of accrediting our institution.

The triad is basically meant to ensure the quality of education covering its different importnt aspects; from funding to accreditation to coompliance

Regards

Javaid 

Whats Achieved in the school individual classrooms highly affect the desired outcomes by the Triad of regulators.  Students who thrive to their learning most likely graduate and get jobs....It shows the important roles of both instructors and students.

The Triad helps oversee the quality and financing of the education we provide. The Department of

Education, institutional accreditors - regional and national, programatic and state boards agencies help us maintain our accredation to provide successful students in the work force.

This group is important to not only protect our student but also our industry. some trade schools give us a bad name, this group ensures that everyone is up holding standards.

Triad of regulations plays a major role for IV funding.

I learned that each programs must go through its own accrediation process. The institution itself does not;however,  some employers do prefer the certifications and training come from accredited institutions. 

The Triad has varied focuses that help ensure protection of the student and community.

After more than 20 years in career education, I have become quite familiar with the Regulatory Triad. One school I worked with was placed on probabtion due to actions from pervious managers. With a new team, new goals, and strong commitments form staff and students, the school survived and is now thriving. What I liked in this presentation was the succinct way the Triad was presented. When i started, it was a steep learning curve. I wish I'd had something like this then.

Sign In to comment