Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Staying Up-to-Date and Compliant | Origin: CM201

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Florida --> Staying Up-to-Date and Compliant

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Staying up to date is a continuous process, and it is vital to update the resource notebook.

Maintaining an up to date resource book in addition to asking organizational leadership at your institution for additional resources are key to staying on top of compliance. Staying compliance is a requirement but it also will allow you to communicate vital information to your prospective students for the best possible outcomes as you guide them to full enrollment.

I learn that staying compliant requires to have a resource notebook, attend meetings and continue to gather information to be informed of any changes. 

It is critical to be informed about the various licenses and the accreditation status as this does affect the requirements such as the meetings you may have to attend.

It is essential to stay organized for this position because things update constantly and I should have a notebook to easily put that information into.

I learned that it is important to stay up to date on school policies, programs, and regulations. I will use current resources and training to make sure I give students accurate information.

In this module I learned the importance of keeping an up to date resource notebook with current federal and state laws and regulations as well as institution policies and procedures.

In this module, I learned the importance of credits and the standards for how they can transfer over to a different institution depending on various factors such as the rules of the institutions in question, what type of credits are being transfered, and more 

In this module I learned the importance of the keeping our resource notebook current/updates as a tool we can really use. I will apply this in order to always be following current and up to date procedures and rules.

I learned that admissions compliance requires staying up to date and informed about policy changes. I plan to apply this by regularly reviewing updates.

I learned that I should update rules, regulations, documents, etc. on a regular basis. I also learned that it's very important to know the transfer of credits policies at my institution.

 

I learned that staying compliant requires ongoing learning and accurate, current information. I will regularly update my Resource Notebook, attend training, seek updates from colleagues, and clearly explain transfer credit policies to prospective students.

Staying up-to-date on statutes and practices is very important for an institution to avoid penalties. It is recommended to check once a month at least to keep information current and accurate. 

Staying current on my resource notebook, as well as the programs and policies. 

It is very important to stay up to date and keep the resource notebook updated.

Attend trainings and meetings, and keep your resource notebook updated to stay informed about policy changes and assist students throughout admissions.

I learned the importance of knowing our institutions policies for students. I also learned about the different documents and resources that are beneficial to put in my resource notebook. 

I learned there are various important websites to reference and I plan to access them from the suggested list provided. 

An Alumni Association is a helpful resource to have at an institution, and it is useful for an admissions representative to be familiar with its membership, a list of alumni benefits that grads get, how grads can attend social events, where the Alumni Association is located at my institution, and other details.

Sign In to comment